Alion Science & Technology (www.alionscience.com)
Full Time Employee
Embedded with the U.S. Army Tank-Automotive Research Development Engineering Center (TARDEC) Systems Engineering organization, participate in the requirements development, performance parameters development, system configuration, and trade-off analysis in the development of new vehicle systems or modifications to existing ones. Perform the iterative process of definition, synthesis, analysis, design, test, and evaluation. Perform and document analytical undertakings. Prepare and present oral and written reports to customer leadership.
Under limited supervision, develops, operates and maintains a variety of complex technology systems. Participates in the integration of processes and methodologies to ensure the performance of the total system.
Works directly with senior technical personnel and project managers in the planning and execution of technical activities on compl ex projects related to system and technical product development. Employs existing guidelines and instructions, guidance from higher-level engineers, experience, and independent judgment to plan and accomplish task objectives. Assignments may require the development of improvements to current techniques and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Applies advanced technical concepts, techniques, and procedures to lead a project team in the development of technical systems. Identifies and documents project functional requirements. Defines and designs complex systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software/user compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Organizes a proposed project into the tasks and activities needed to solve the problems being addressed. Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications. Regularly provides technical guidance and oversight to lower level technical staff.
* Receives limited technical guidance and training from more experienced technical staff. Plans, results, and work products are reviewed periodically by senior technical staff.
* Prepares and reviews input to technical reports, status reports, letters, technical memoranda, contract reports and formal briefings. May author or co-author technical reports.
* Prepares and provides formal briefings to the staff and project sponsors. Leads technical discussions at project review sessions and in negotiations with the project sponsor.
* Identifies opportunities for follow-on tasking for current projects; develops related briefings, specific project proposals, and works through appropriate channels to schedule presentation of these briefings and proposals to prospective customers.
* Provides input and support to larger intra-organizational proposal development efforts. May have some exposure to and provide input to inter-organizational technical and business development activities.
* Is recognized within the organization in one or more areas of technical expertise.
* Complies with applicable quality and security procedures in the performance of duties. Provides recommendations for improvements to existing quality systems or applicable company procedures and guidelines.
* Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have systems engineering experience in the military ground vehicle, commercial truck, or commercial passenger vehicle industry. The ideal candidate will have experience in the requirements development, performance parameters development, system configuration, and trade-off analysis in the development of new vehicle systems or modifications to existing ones. The ideal candidate will have experience performing the iterative process of definition, synthesis, analysis, design, test, and evaluation.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor¿s degree in engineering or a related scientific discipline plus 5 to 7 years relevant work experience. Master¿s degree preferred. Degree(s) must be in engineering, computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.
* In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years of applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted based on education, or highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Demonstrated command of engineering principles, methods, and techniques in area of expertise.
* Advanced knowledge of relevant tools, equipment, hardware, and software.
* Effective customer and organizational level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* The candidate will be required to obtain and hold a SECRET clearance.
* Diversity Statement
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.
To apply for this job, contact: