Alion Science & Technology (www.alionscience.com)
Full Time Employee
Design and perform Network Administration of a network and limited core services to support U.S. Army's Tank-Automotive Research Development Engineering Center. Use networking and automation principles to isolate many technically disparate efforts with an intent to enable autonomy but still maintain compartmentalized security. Use networking fundamentals (e.g. layer 2 / layer 3), network design, Cisco switching, Cisco routing and firewall, and deploying in segmented environments (e.g. 802.1q, dVLAN).
Under general supervision, sets up, configures, and supports moderately complex internal and/or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the acquisition, installation, maintenance, and usage of moderately complex networks that typically link numerous computing platforms, operating systems, and network topologies across widely dispersed geographic areas.
* Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex problems to ensure minimal disruption of mission-critical applications.
* Establishes network policies and procedures regarding access methods and time, and security validation checks.
* Maintains network security; ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced.
* Installs and maintains network monitoring systems; performs intrusion detection as needed.
* Manages network performance, maintains fault-tolerant systems and manages system backups.
* Provides technical support and training to end-users.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications.
* Evaluates new hardware and software for moderately complex networks to determine which products best meet organization/customer needs.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have experience designing and performing Network Administration of a network and limited core services to support a diverse Research and Development environment. The ideal candidate will have experience using networking and automation principles to isolate many technically disparate efforts with an intent to enable autonomy but still maintain compartmentalized security. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in networking fundamentals (e.g. layer 2 / layer 3), network design, Cisco switching, Cisco routing and firewall, and deploying in segmented environments (e.g. 802.1q, dVLAN). IAT Level II or III certification strongly desired. Experience with AAA Technologies (e.g. 802.1x), Identify Management (e.g. ISE), Linux / Unix systems administration, centralized logging (e.g. syslog), and configuration management (e.g. ansible) a plus.
Education and Experience
* Bac helor¿s degree in related discipline plus 2 to 4 years of directly related experience. Professional certification(s) may be required.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 7 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
* Knowledge of modems, data scopes, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and network management software.
* Thorough knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
* May require certification in one or more specific applications (such as MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA), depending on job assignment.
* The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a SECRET clearance.
* Diversity Statement
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.
To apply for this job, contact: