Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
• Seven (7) or more years of experience as a Systems Administrator.
• In-depth Server hardware and OS knowledge and application integration support.
• Strong Server consolidation experience using VMWARE or RedHat Enterprise Virtualization .
• Working knowledge of Oracle/Sun Solaris, Linux RedHat/Ubuntu, and MS Windows.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
• Masters Degree is strongly preferred.
• Certifications: RHCSA, MCSE, MCSA, etc. are also preferred.
**Job #:** 16720BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins IMS in Annapolis, MD is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support our Technology Services & Operations (TSO) Division.
The Technology Services & Operations (TSO) Division provides creative, reliable solutions for IMS's internal and external customers. They provide global services including design, engineering, installation, dispatching, repair, outsourcing and consulting, and project management for a diverse base of network, radio, and applications services supporting information technology systems and networks in industries including aviation, health care, surface transportation, and government.
The Systems Administrator will:
• Be a member of a system administration team responsible for the design, deployment, installation, configuration and maintenance of UNIX-based server systems and software.
• Be able learn quickly and work independently as well as collaborate with team and project members.
• Have a working knowledge of Virtualization Technologies, e.g., RedHat Enterprise Virtualization or VMWare, Enterprise Oracle Database Environment, Veritas Cluster, Veritas Netbackup, EMC/NetApp/Dell Compellent/HP storage.
• Project support may include (but is not limited to) Oracle/Sun Solaris, Linux RedHat/Ubuntu, and MS Windows.
• Schedule and perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and software packages.
• Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Create and complete project plans within budgetary constraints.
• Work with other departments to create effective and supportable computing solutions to meet business requirements.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins ARINC, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, educational assistance, and flexible work schedules. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: