Full Time Employee
Technical Writer (Job Number:421133)
The Crane, IN office has need of technical writing support to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documentation that incorporates information and data from Program Office, customer, end user, project leads, SMEs, and ISEAs.
- Developing high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is coherent and easy to follow, as well as complies with corresponding standard, style guide, and/or directive and meets the customers and end user’s needs. Documentation includes but is not limited to technical manuals, training curriculum, training aids, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), user guides, test reports, work instructions, and presentations.
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, organizing, and preparing technical information and data for desktop publishing staff to generate drafts.
- Developing diagrams, charts, and graphs to enhance and increase the end user’s understanding. Editing and reviewing rough drafts for format, clarity, and adherence to editorial and government specifications.
- Scheduling, attending, and participating in project meetings, as well as validation/verification's.
- Tracking documentation for developing, planning, and scheduling purposes.
- Collaborating with SMEs to ensure technical content is accurate, easy to understand, and consistent.
- Immediately communicating obstacles or issues to leadership.
- Interfacing with desktop publishers, logisticians, multimedia personnel, SMEs/ISEAs, and customer.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School and 1+ years related experience. MS Office experience required.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 10, 2016, 4:09:08 PM
Primary Location: United States-IN-BLOOMFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: