Full Time Employee
NAWDC Network/Systems Administrator (Job Number:421172)
SAIC is seeking a NAWDC Network/Systems Administrator in Fallon, NV.
- Provide operational support services to the Commander Naval Air Forces Pacific Fleet (COMNAVAIRPAC).
- Maintain NAWDC computer network architecture and infrastructure. Install, configure, and maintain NAWDC IT systems including network servers, hubs, routers, client stations, peripheral devices, attached storage, network fiber and wirelines, encryptions, firewalls, stand-alone systems, and switches.
- Maintain and update documentation on system configuration, repairs, hardware, and software licenses and all other information required to maintain Authority to Operate.
- Perform network management and maintenance functions including inventory control of computer assets, software and hardware configuration management, user training, and help desk operation. Diagnose and resolve IT system problems.
- Provide helpdesk support to NAWDC network users.
- Performs troubleshooting procedures and documents technical support advice. Conduct Tier 2 level network software and hardwarecorrective actions.
- Conduct enterprise-level fault identification, system level fault analysis, fault isolation, and repair in support of the NAWDC IT capabilities.
- Monitor NAWDC STTN and JWICS IT system status including capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance as required.
- Perform IT system and data back-ups and recovery procedures. Install, test, and maintain patches; and upgrades operating systems, firmware, and application software.
- Implement, manage, and troubleshoots group policies, active directory, certificate services, Radius, and DNS. Maintain and manage VMware Products including ESXi and vCenter.
- Provide knowledge and technical insight in the areas of Windows server, VMware products, and group policies.
- Adhere to and assists in implementing the information assurance policies, principles, and practices established by the NAWDC Information Assurance Manager.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to NAWDC non-NMCI systems and networks; assigns or changes user accounts, and resets passwords.
- Configure and operate NAWDC SECRET and TS/SCI VTCs.
- Employ Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) to perform network scans.
- Work with Information Assurance Manager to patch vulnerabilities discovered on network devices. Ensure network devices are properly patched IAW with Information Assurance Vulnerability Plan.
- Ensure all network devices comply with Defense Information Systems Agency’s (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Requires handling COMSEC material within NAWDC government spaces.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of IT/IA experience or 6 years of related experience.
- Active DOD Secret clearance. Higher clearances accepted.
- Security+ w/ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP, CAP, GSLC, CISM, or CSSLP certified.
- 5 years related experience in providing information assurance support
- Working knowledge and understanding of DoN Cybersecurity technical concepts and practices. Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to apply a methodology to projects that have well-defined requirements and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to perform security risk and compliance assessments in fast-paced technology environments.
- Overall computer proficiency including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Solid knowledge of Information Assurance policies and procedures is required to support NAWDC’ s compliance with Computer Tasking Orders (CTOs), IA Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), IA Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVBs), and all higher directives. Solid knowledge of network security concepts and technologies, including but not limited to firewalls, IDS / IPS, proxy servers, access control systems and web application firewalls.
- Working knowledge of the Navy’s DADMS/DITPR-DON, eMASS and NAV-IDAS online system management and procurement tools. Experience developing information security policies and standards.
- Experience developing and managing reporting of security and risk performance metrics and reporting dashboards for executive and technical audiences.
- Strong understanding of DoD and DoN regulatory compliance drivers and requirements relevant to information security and data protection.
- Strong understanding of network, system, application and data protection standards, benchmarks, processes, applications, tools, and techniques.
- Understanding of enterprise, network, system/endpoint, application and data protection issues and security risks.
- Exceptional verbal, presentation and written communication skills. Demonstrate ability to develop positive relationships and effectively communicate with senior management, project managers, and IT operations staff.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016, 8:10:04 AM
Primary Location: United States-NV-FALLON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: