Alion Science & Technology (www.alionscience.com)
Full Time Employee
Under immediate supervision, assists in design, test, and implementation of state-of-the art secure operating systems, networks, and database products. Analyzes security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Supports the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments.
* Participates in the design of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits and provides recommendations for application design.
* Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research.
* Participates in the design and development of new systems, appli cations, and solutions for external customer enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
* Participates in integrating new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis and relates existing system to future needs and trends.
* Embeds forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration/testing issues.
* Participates in the creation and enforcement of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures). Maintains documentation, procedures and working instructions in accordance with federal and departmental guidelines.
* Reviews logs and reports and interprets the implications. Participates in investigations into problematic activity and assists with plans for appropriate resolution.
* May assist with proposals, including gathering facts, analyzing data and preparing project overview which compares alternatives in terms of cost, time, availability of equipment and personnel, etc.
* Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required.
* Education and Experience
* Bachelor¿s degree in Information Assurance, Computer Science, or a related field plus 0 to 2 years of directly related experience. An Information Assurance certification in compliance with DoD 8570 (e.g. Security+) is required.
* In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 4 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Knowledge of secure operating systems as well as data security.
* Ability to communicate and work effectively in a diverse work group.
* TS/SCI with Poly security clearance required.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.
To apply for this job, contact: