Full Time Employee
JRDC13825 - Engineer Database (Job Number:421194)
Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases. Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements. Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation
• Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience with database design and/or administration with a total of at least 8 years computer related technical experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with MS SQL Server 2008 or later.
- Experience in O&M activities as a Database Administrator.
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio including the Activity Monitor, SQL Server Reporting Services, and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Experience with SQL Server clusters,database performance tuning, database monitoring, and database backup & recovery.
- Understand Microsoft SQL Server role and user level object permissions.
- Familiarity with T-SQL, MS-DOS
batch scripting, and well versed in referential integrity concepts.
- Experience in deconflicting
customer requests and requirements to create system requirements.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player and able to work unsupervised in a team
and structured change environment.
- Candidates must have completed and be enrolled in
Continuing Education (CE) with a Security+ certification or have an (ISC)2 CISSP certification.
- Must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2016, 9:21:50 AM
Primary Location: United States-CO-COLORADO SPRINGS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: