Full Time Employee
Are you ready for Success? Be empowered to create yours, and Share in Ours. Join the CarMax Relocation Team!
CarMax, a growing Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For” twelve years in a row and the nation’s leading used car retailer, is seeking a Relocation Manager who will use their mobility and management experience to lead the relocation team, implement best practices, and ensure a high quality move experience to our associates.
Our Home Office in Richmond, VA is not your usual corporate environment. It is exciting, modern, inviting, energizing, casual, and congenial. In addition, it is loaded with perks including an on-site fitness center, walking trails, cafeteria, and much more.
Are you someone who looks at the way things are done currently and thinks “I KNOW there’s a better way to do this”? Do you love the thought of changing your current practices into best practices? Are you looking to implement tools, technologies and leadership to position Relocation as a strategic partner to the enterprise, to help drive objectives for profitability and growth?
If so, CarMax is recruiting for an experienced and motivated Relocation Manager to join our talented Relocation team located in Richmond, VA. This is a high-value position that requires a strong level of mobility knowledge and leadership. The Manager will lead the team and will oversee the efficiency and effectiveness of the entire in-house mobility function. This person will work cooperatively with various levels of the organization including operations, talent acquisition, strategy teams, senior management, and service providers. A key focus for this role is driving continuous improvement and requires a customer-focused mindset as well as strong managerial and communication skills. This role reports directly to the Assistant Vice President, HR Services and Diversity.
• Oversight and execution of all aspects of Relocation, delivering exceptional results by way of developing and implementing policies and practices that are competitive and cost effective, are aligned with best practices in the market, are compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements, support our business and HR strategy, and meets the needs of an increasingly diverse and mobile workforce
• Manage the development, growth and overall performance of the Relocation team with a vision for ensuring all services delivered from the department are effective, valuable, forward thinking and aligned to meet the needs of all relevant stakeholders.
• Continuously improve relocation processes across growing company by consulting internal and external resources to evaluate current and future state, leveraging trends and industry expertise
• Provide proactive and thoughtful recommendations, training and counsel to senior leadership, HR business partners and Talent Acquisition partners on all aspects of relocation, leveraging effective data, trends and functional expertise.
• Oversee the selection and establishment of strong business relationships with vendors that ensures consistent successful service levels with the most effective cost structures
• Manage a caseload of relocation files to maintain the highest level of service to our associates and to stay abreast of any issues or challenges.
• Manage Relocation budgets and budgeting process to include forecasts and development of field operations budgets in collaboration functional leadership and relevant Finance/Accounting partners; oversee the financial management of all funds passing through the department, including home purchase wires, home sale proceeds checks, referral fees, vendor payments, relocation expense processing, and tax compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent leadership and people management skills, leading a diverse team for performance excellence
• Strong customer focus and collaboration skills
• Ability to effectively distribute work, structure roles and responsibilities and meet the needs of the business with fiscal responsibility
• Proficiency with a solution and data-oriented approach to problem solving; act as problem-solving liaison between field team, agents and managers
• Strong attention to detail and process documentation
• Ability to multi-task in a high-energy fast paced work environment
• Ability to uphold and ensure compliance to the Code of Business Conduct, Asset Protection policy and all other CarMax policies
• Effective organization skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Prefer at least 5 years’ experience in a corporate relocation department or relocation management company with at least 2 years of management responsibilities
• Knowledge of and experience in the real estate/relocation industry
• Understanding of the operation, delivery and performance of the relocation function preferred
• Global Mobility and immigration a plus
To apply for this job, contact: