Full Time Employee
CarMax has been a Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005”, ranked 5TH of Atlanta’s top 25 large companies in 2016, and Training magazine’s “Top 125 Training Companies” 2008-2015. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
Here are a few facts about CAF (CarMax Auto Finance):
• Portfolio size of more than $10 billion.
• Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym…etc.
• We provide benefits that support the diverse needs of our workforce (e.g., flexible time, adoption assistance, domestic partner health care coverage, and more)
• Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
To provide administrative support to the CarMax Auto Finance Legal and Compliance teams. The position involves a wide variety of duties and responsibilities. These include providing advanced, diversified and confidential administration and secretarial support; making independent decisions regarding planning, organization and scheduling of work and proactively identify, prioritize and communicate to VP issues that need immediate attention; and interacting with numerous internal departments and associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the production of various key presentations to include formatting, graphing, importing and animating pages as designed.
• Prepare reports, correspondence, transcription and other documents as directed.
• Manage inbound and outbound written and electronic correspondence.
• Manage and schedule calendars and events.
• Arrange for travel as requested for all department associates.
• Submit travel & expense reimbursements promptly and follow-up to ensure the process is completed timely and accurately. Audit all T&E’s prior to submission for approval to ensure accuracy and compliance with company policy.
• Assist with budget preparation, track and reconcile budgeted items on a monthly basis as directed by supervising manager.
• Prepare various department invoices for payment processing.
• Retrieve and distribute reports as directed.
• As assigned, learn and evaluate certain key business metric reporting and communicate findings to VP.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Minimum 2 years previous experience in an administrative assistant role.
• Proven ability to prioritize and multi task.
• Attention to detail with exceptional planning and organizational abilities
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly.
• Self-motivated and able to complete tasks without close supervision.
• An energetic team player that demonstrates flexibility. Proven ability to work in a highly confidential environment.
• Strong user of Microsoft products, telecommunications tools (video conferencing, etc), and a variety of software packages.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma required.
• College Degree preferred.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Office 365, Power Point, as well as excellent typing and computer skills are required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with associates, all levels of management, outside counsel, opposing counsel, and regulatory authorities.
• Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics and understand client analysis and reporting.
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills required in connection with accurately assembling, organizing and maintaining information to support the department.
To apply for this job, contact: