Full Time Employee
What we do:
Do you want to develop best-of-class Android applications? We want to bring the online world into our dealerships! Pretty awesome, huh? We aren’t sure what this looks like yet…have any ideas?
What we are looking for:
CarMax is looking for a senior android developer to drive innovation in our native android application. This position will work directly with a product manager and user experience expert to design and develop tools that will empower our customers to purchase with confidence.
This Senior Developer will be responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and support of software solutions, as well as ensuring that software development meets CarMax’s quality expectations. Associates in this position must be experienced in programming skills and design patterns. This Senior Developer should be an excellent team player, highly qualified to lead medium to large development projects, and organize priorities and tasks. This developer will be a key contributor in the software development life-cycle, performing analysis, design, and application development, as well as driving development teams to achieve project goals.
Let’s get under the hood! Here is the techie stuff
What we want:
• Android (3+ years)
• Restful APIs
What we would really like you to have:
• Microsoft .NET
• HTML/CSS and other web design components
• Microsoft SQL Server
Do you have?
• Deep understanding of HTTP, HTML, and current web development frameworks, patterns, and practices
• Experience with high-volume web architecture at both a software and infrastructure level
• Passion for software quality and experience with continuous integration and delivery practices
• Experience with automated testing
• Familiarity with common software design patterns
• Ability to mentor junior developers and help them weigh tradeoffs in design decisions
Software Development Methodology and Support
* Takes ownership of software delivery and
accountable for successful releases
* Experience in Agile software development, strong desire to eliminate waste and deliver value
* Comfortable partnering with business owners to collaborate on product specifications, direction, and design
* Excellent written communication, able to provide clear technical specifications for business requirements
* Support an on-call rotation for nighttime incidents a few weeks out of the year
What we would like you to have:
• 5 + years of application development experience required
• 4 year degree required; IT Course of Study preferred.
• Preferred experience in appropriate development language (see Specialty section)
• Certifications, etc.
• Appropriate Certification Preferred (see Specialty section)
If think this is you, let us know and apply! What are you waiting for?
See for yourself on why you should come work here:
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis. Sponsorship will be considered for this specific role.
To apply for this job, contact: