Full Time Employee
Are you ready for Success? Be empowered to create yours, and Share in Ours. Join the CarMax Accounting Team!
CarMax, a growing Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For” twelve years in a row and the nation’s leading used car retailer, is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager who will use their Procure-to-Pay process knowledge to implement best practices and ensure high quality business partner experience.
Our Home Office in Richmond, VA is not your usual corporate environment. It is exciting, modern, inviting, energizing, casual, and congenial. In addition, it is loaded with perks including an on-site fitness center, walking trails, cafeteria, and much more.
Are you someone who looks at the way things are done currently and thinks “I KNOW there’s a better way to do this”? Do you love the thought of changing your current practices into best practices? Are you looking to implement tools and technologies to reposition Procure-to-Pay as a strategic partner to the enterprise, to help drive objectives for profitability and growth? If so, CarMax is recruiting for an experienced and motivated Accounts Payable Manager to join our talented Accounting team located in Richmond, VA. This is a high-value position that requires a strong level of accounts payable knowledge and leadership. The Manager will lead an accounts payable team and will oversee the efficiency of the processing and disbursement functions. This person will work cooperatively with various levels of the organization including operations, marketing and procurement, as well as internal auditors, financial institutions, and vendors. A key focus for this role is driving continuous improvement and requires a customer-focused mindset as well as strong managerial and analytical skills. This role reports directly to the Financial Shared Services Director, AP.
Drive team execution; includes leading and developing a team of associates through timely performance feedback delivered through day-to-day observations, file reviews and an annual performance review. The Manager is responsible for creating individual development plans and business objectives designed to enhance and assist associate growth. Ensure that Team Manager(s) on the team is setting goals for his/her team members.
Oversee AP operations and policies, resolve escalated vendor issues, review and analyze monthly account and statement reconciliations and various documents/reports produced by the team.
Lead and participate in Company initiatives with internal and external business partners to support business needs. Promote a continuous improvement mindset and a change management culture.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to motivate and influence across multiple levels of the organization, and willing to challenge upwards appropriately in the best interest of CarMax
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization, and collaborate with other departments and teams
• Ability to determine customer-specific needs and put forth actions to meet those needs
• Ability to lead their staff to think “end to end”, to analyze & re-design current processes and manage change
• Ability to develop, execute and adjust a plan with high degree of independence
• Ability to develop and promote other associates for organizational needs
Ability to understand latest industry trends and their potential impact for CarMax
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
• Seven+ years of business experience, including 3+ years of related accounting or finance experience required or related business degree.
• Three or more years of experience leading teams to achieve common goals, including managing the work of direct and/or indirect reports.
• Strong accounting skills including general knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Project management experience is preferred but not required
Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
To apply for this job, contact: