Full Time Employee
Voted a FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” 11 years in a row, CarMax is a unique automotive retailing company that has revolutionized the way consumers buy cars. We offer a relaxed, no-haggle car buying experience, exceptional customer service, and a vast amount of inventory available at each location and online at carmax.com. We are a Fortune 500 retailer with stores across the U.S. CarMax is publicly traded on the NYSE (ticker: KMX).
Retail Manager – Business Office:
• Management and operation of the store’s Business Office as well as store leadership in a 100+ associate size store.
• This team is responsible for processing paperwork for vehicle sales and purchases, warranty contracts, DMV and Title Management, accounts payable, cash office administration and delivering exceptional customer service.
• Business Office Managers interact daily with Sales, Purchasing and Operations teams.
• Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and continual development of all business office associates and also provide support to the team and ensure that processes and procedures are followed.
Retail Manager – Buyer:
• As part of our CarMax store Purchasing Team, a Buyer in Training (BIT) is responsible for conducting vehicle appraisals, coordinating on-site auctions, and attending various regional auctions.
• Our unique retail environment allows BITs to train on a rotating weekly 40 hour schedule.
• BITs will spend 8 to12 months learning the dynamics of the used car wholesale industry using various resources to determine the price that CarMax should pay for a used vehicle.
• BITs track their purchases through the quality inspection and reconditioning process and set pricing based on sales data and competitive analysis.
• This position provides a unique mix of analytical and physical challenges due to the fast-paced nature of the business, and approximately 50% of a buyer’s time is spent outdoors in a “hands-on” environment.
• The average CarMax Buyer will be responsible for purchasing approximately $8-$10 Million worth of vehicles annually!
Retail Manager – Sales:
• Use your retail management experience, leadership, and interpersonal skills to inspire exceptional performance. As a member of the store leadership team, CarMax Sales Managers
• Coach: 60 – 70% of a CarMax Sales Manager’s time is spent in coaching and developing our Sales Consultants.
• Lead: through developing a commissioned sales team (10+ direct reports, 50+ indirect reports) our Sales Managers lead teams to achieve sales, ensure efficiency and to be successful in our FY focus areas.
• Develop: develop skills and product knowledge of Sales Consultants through training, evaluation, and role play; develop talent into Management roles.
• Select: attract, hire and on-board world-class Sales Professionals who are well prepared to provide exceptional customer service.
• Analyze & Track: sales performance to assigned budget, conversion, compliance, and Sales Consultant staffing/hiring targets.
• Problem Solve: our Sales Managers are empowered to resolve issues that may occur during the execution process. They have day-to-day oversight and authority for response to potential customer service concerns. Our Sales Managers ensure our customers receive the best customer experience and seek out opportunities for self-development.
Retail Manager – Operations:
• Managing the reconditioning process of CarMax vehicles
• Achieving production goals, including saleable targets, quality standards, reconditioning costs, and cycle times
• Maintaining retail service goals, including customer service, quality, and labor sales targets
• Maintaining staffing levels, training and developing associates, and performance management
Location General Manager:
• An extensive management development training program. CarMax Location General Managers begin as Location General Managers in Training (LGMIT) and are required to complete an extensive training program that includes on-the-job store rotations in all areas of the store
• A unique opportunity to influence and drive change across the organization
• An environment that fosters work/life balance – we recognize that there is life outside of work
• A competitive base salary, monthly bonuses, stock incentives, a demo car and a comprehensive benefits package
Please click on APPLY NOW if you would like to learn more about one or more of these opportunities.
To apply for this job, contact: