Full Time Employee
CarMax is dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience. This holds true for our internal customers as well – our more than 23k CarMax Associates. CarMax has consistently been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Places to Work and by Training Magazine’s Top 125 companies. We are looking for talented training designers to help take the CarMax training experience for our Associates to the next level.
Do you have a passion for creating intuitive, innovative, and engaging training experiences? Have you ever wanted to be a part of developing a holistic training approach for an audience of over 23k people? Then this is the role for you!
The Training Designer – eLearning is responsible for translating user requirements and training designs into quality, technology-based solutions. This position is also responsible for creating and curating content to ensure a holistic, intuitive training experience that aligns with a comprehensive curriculum. The ideal candidate must also be familiar with instructional systems design (ISD) policies and standards, and be able to effectively interact with subject matter experts and business partners to ensure a seamless implementation of the learning experience. This position requires a solid understanding of eLearning development strategies, the ability to create and develop highly interactive, branching multimedia content.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with different customer groups to develop needs analyses, create training plans, and deliver exceptional eLearning products in line with Talent Management standards.
• Communicate with and interview subject-matter experts, developers, and QA staff to understand end-user needs.
• Analyze those training needs to determine appropriate training objectives and delivery methods.
• Develop innovative interactive training courses using software such as Captivate, Articulate or similar e-learning development tool.
• Leverage social media and online tools to create learner relationships and deliver synchronous learning through online networking and collaboration.
• Partner with other training team members to review/update the design of training programs. Develop custom graphics, as needed.
• Provide guidance on user-centered design and placement, layout, color, images, usability, interactivity, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Instructional design and graphic design skills
• Exceptional writing skills with a strong sense of quality control
• Creative, organized, and analytical
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Highly productive, demonstrating the ability to manage competing tasks and demands
• Strong team working and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work productively with little supervision
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College degree, preferred
• Proven proficiency in developing eLearning instructional courseware is required
• Minimum 3 – 5 years experience developing interactive instructional content
• Experience with web-based development software (e.g., Captivate, Articulate)
• Experience with digital graphic arts
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Photoshop a plus
• Experience with additional multimedia authoring tools a plus
(e.g., audio recording and editing, video editing and processing, etc.)
• Proficiency with Office 365 suite, including Yammer and Sharepoint a plus
• Experience of leveraging blended learning approaches including social, collaborative and community based development – ideal
* Will consider candidates with 1-2 years of experience and relevant technical aptitude *
To apply for this job, contact: