Full Time Employee
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A SUCCESSFUL CARMAX MANAGER?
Read on to find out…
Are you somebody who enjoys working in a fast paced environment? Do you have a minimum of 8 years management experience and a successful track record of people development? Are you an effective leader who has the ability to motivate and influence others? If so, the Operations Manager Trainee position might interest you.
CarMax offers an extensive management training program for Operations Manager Trainees. Trainees will learn the foundation of CarMax’s service operations through training, assuming lead roles and working on special projects. During this time, Trainees will have the opportunity to build relationships, demonstrate leadership skills and solve problems.
To ensure success, assessments will be conducted throughout the management training program to measure each participant’s progress. Successful completion of each training component is required to move to the next level in the management development training program
• Managing the reconditioning process of CarMax vehicles
• Achieving production goals, including saleable targets, quality standards, reconditioning costs, and cycle times
• Maintaining retail service goals, including customer service, quality, and labor sales targets
• Maintaining staffing levels, training and developing associates, and performance management
• Ensuring compliance of risk management including administration of loss prevention, facility maintenance, and environmental health and safety guidelines.
• Minimum of 8 years experience successfully managing an operation in a complex, fast paced environment
• Successful career progression with increasing roles of responsibilities
• Prior experience leading effectively in unclear or challenging conditions
• Proven track record of solving complex problems
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which might include nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to train out of market for 9 months is required
• Ability to relocate in the future for growth opportunity is required
• Must possess a valid in-state driver’s license
• For Existing CarMax Associates: successful completion of Senior MAP is required for internal candidates to be eligible to apply for this position.
• Effective communication skills
• Strong focus on exceptional customer service
• Proven track record of associate development
• Hands-on manager with the ability to lead through managers, supervisors and a team of associates
• Strong analytical and decision making skills
• Proficient computer skills
To apply for this job, contact: