Full Time Employee
At CarMax Auto Finance, Team Managers set the tone for their team. Leading by example, it is their responsibility to ensure all departmental and company goals are met while leading Associate development, inspiring Associate engagement and maintaining an exceptional quality of service for all CarMax Auto Finance customers. They must provide daily motivation and oversight to the team to maintain compliance and promote productivity. They will conduct necessary reviews, balance scheduling and perform all required HR responsibilities to sustain a successful department.
Team Managers are empowered to create and execute strategies to drive ongoing improvement. Through frequent analysis and reporting, they work to track successes and based on their results, create incentives to motivate and reward Associates for peak performance.
Team Managers are responsible for supervising and developing a team of up to 20 non-exempt and exempt Associates to answer incoming customer calls and provide timely resolution of customer account issues. Motivate and coach Associates to meet departmental company goals. Ensure exceptional quality of service is provided to customers of CarMax Auto Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise, develop, and motivate teams of associates.
• Resolve elevated customer issues/inquiries/disputes that may require resolution/decisions outside of policy via phone.
• Visibility in the department to motivate, answer Associate questions and monitor productivity.
• Approve or decline customer account extension requests.
• Review credit bureau reporting using company and external methods when applicable
• Create and approve incentive plans to motivate Associates to achieve goals. Track, measure, and process incentives.
• Monitor Associate productivity statistics.
• Review Associate schedule requests and analyze Associate coverage to ensure scheduling meets required business needs.
• Conduct live or recorded phone monitors/account audits to evaluate quality of service provided and compliance with company policies.
• Complete month end reviews with Sr. Specialists, and Specialists to provide performance feedback.
• Effectively manage positive Associate and peer relations.
• Oversee and/or conduct Associate technical training and educate Associates regarding CarMax philosophies.
• Effectively performance manage Associates.
• Recruit, interview, make hiring decisions and extend employment offers.
• Complete annual Associate Performance Reviews and develop/review Associate individual development plans.
• Develop and conduct effective team meetings.
• Complete Associate side by side’s and sit-ins to provide ongoing coaching and training.
• Analyze and track department trends based on data/reporting and recommend/implement policy and procedure updates or changes.
• Ensure Associate compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Participate in creating department goals and execute strategies to improve performance and drive associate engagement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
• Effectively motivate and develop associates.
• Effectively evaluate associate performance and provide performance feedback.
• Use sound judgment and decision making skills.
• Facilitate conflict resolution.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Effectively manage stressful situations.
• Interpret and analyze data, reports, processes, trends and situations and recommend solutions.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or one to two years related experience/ training.
• Basic typing skills including minimum accuracy requirements.
• Basic to moderate computer knowledge and basic understanding of MS Word and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with associates, peer managers and customers.
• Ability to convey a professional and positive image to customers, applicants and associates.
• Execute intermediate math skills.
• Solve practical problems with a variety of variables where limited standardization exists.
• Position requires creative problem solving, including using sound judgment in making decisions in the face of uncertainty.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The position requires the candidate to move around the building to supervise associate activity.
• The position requires the candidate to perform many functions using the telephone and computer.
• May require sitting for extended periods of time.
• Pleasant, but busy office environment.
• Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Casual company dress code.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
To apply for this job, contact: