Full Time Employee
Join the CarMax Auto Finance Leadership Team at our Contact Center headquartered in Kennesaw, GA.
CarMax has been a Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005”, was awarded a 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 5th of Atlanta’s top 25 large companies, and Training magazine’s “Top 125 Training Companies” 2008-2015. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
At CarMax Auto Finance, Team Managers set the tone for their team. Leading by example, it is their responsibility to ensure all departmental and company goals are met while leading Associate development, inspiring Associate engagement and maintaining an exceptional quality of service for all CarMax Auto Finance customers. They provide daily motivation and oversight to a team of up to 15 nonexempt employees to maintain compliance and promote productivity. Team Managers are empowered to create and execute strategies to drive ongoing business improvement. Through frequent analysis and reporting, they work to track successes and based on their results, create incentives to motivate and reward Associates for peak performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise, develop, and motivate teams of associates.
• Resolve elevated customer issues/inquiries/disputes that may require resolution/decisions outside of policy via phone.
• Visibility in the department to motivate, answer Associate questions and monitor productivity.
• Approve or decline customer account extension requests.
• Review credit bureau reporting using company and external methods when applicable
• Create and approve incentive plans to motivate Associates to achieve goals. Track, measure, and process incentives.
• Monitor Associate productivity statistics.
• Review Associate schedule requests and analyze Associate coverage to ensure scheduling meets required business needs.
• Conduct live or recorded phone monitors/account audits to evaluate quality of service provided and compliance with company policies.
• Complete month end reviews with Sr. Specialists, and Specialists to provide performance feedback.
• Effectively manage positive Associate and peer relations.
• Oversee and/or conduct Associate technical training and educate Associates regarding CarMax philosophies.
• Effectively performance manage Associates.
• Recruit, interview, make hiring decisions and extend employment offers.
• Complete annual Associate Performance Reviews and develop/review Associate individual development plans.
• Develop and conduct effective team meetings.
• Complete Associate side by side’s and sit-ins to provide ongoing coaching and training.
• Analyze and track department trends based on data/reporting and recommend/implement policy and procedure updates or changes.
• Ensure Associate compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Participate in creating department goals and execute strategies to improve performance and drive associate engagement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
• Effectively motivate and develop associates.
• Effectively evaluate associate performance and provide performance feedback.
• Use sound judgment and decision making skills.
• Facilitate conflict resolution.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Effectively manage stressful situations.
• Interpret and analyze data, reports, processes, trends and situations and recommend solutions.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or one to two years related experience/ training.
• Basic typing skills including minimum accuracy requirements.
• Basic to moderate computer knowledge and basic understanding of MS Word and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with associates, peer managers and customers.
• Ability to convey a professional and positive image to customers, applicants and associates.
• Execute intermediate math skills.
• Solve practical problems with a variety of variables where limited standardization exists.
• Position requires creative problem solving, including using sound judgment in making decisions in the face of uncertainty.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The position requires the candidate to move around the building to supervise associate activity.
• The position requires the candidate to perform many functions using the telephone and computer.
• May require sitting for extended periods of time.
• Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym…etc.
• Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.
To apply for this job, contact: