Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Marina del Rey
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
• Three to seven (3 to 7) years of experience working in software development, testing and control systems.
• Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with the following languages: C, C++, Java.
• Knowledge and hands on experience with MS SQL, Oracle database and VMware.
• Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall SDLC.
• Experience with Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Implementation and integration.
• Experience with documentation.
• Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Able to work independently or within a team.
• Experience with SCADA Control Systems.
• Software Systems Integration.
• Enjoy problem solving and committed to delivering high-quality software.
• Interface with external data sources.
• A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Experience with Enterprise Authentication.
• Experience with multi-threaded programming and practices.
• Positive attitude and eager to learn and improve.
• Cloud Based programming experience.
Education and Certification Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering or other technical field.
• Master’s degree is preferred.
**Job #:** 16734BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins IMS Surface Transportation Systems in Marina del Rey, CA is currently seeking motivated Software Engineer(s) with experience in C and Java to join our development team. The selected engineer(s) will perform all phases of software engineering in a SCADA and train control environment. It includes requirement analysis, design, development, code / unit test and system integration, test and field installation.
Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Perform software development.
• Work with and extend existing components to implement client requirements.
• Participate in requirement analysis and design / code reviews.
• Assist with software testing and documentation.
• Handle documentation for procedures, training and enhancements.
• Participate on project teams to adapt IMS' AIM rail control system for new customers.
The ongoing goals for this position are as follows:
• Design new elements or changes in scope of project software.
• Maintain and enhance existing software baseline.
• Participate in code reviews and knowledge transfer.
• Interact with end customer on technical issues.
• Meet schedule deadlines and remain within budget.
• Follow and enforce engineering guidelines set in software development methodology.
• Contribute to team coding standards and monitor the code base for compliance.
• Ability to interact with customers and correctly interpret their needs and requirements.
• Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Diligent Work ethic.
**The ideal candidates for this role must be willing to travel upwards of 25%-50% across the U.S.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 25%-50%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: