Full Time Employee
Technical Writer (Job Number:420881)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Technical Writer. The successful candidate will provide technical writing services in Honolulu, Hawaii. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Developing, writing, and editing system-related technical documentation and publications.
- Researching, developing, and writing content for printed manuals, documentation, and supporting materials for electronic hardware, and technical procedures.
- Strong written and verbal skills to coordinate format, layout and organization of engineering documentation with systems engineers, end users, and technicians.
- Design, review, and editing of text, graphical images, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in documentation.
- Maintenance of cataloging and retrieval systems used to control technical documentation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Perform data and documentation reviews of technical manuals to identify deficiencies, completeness, clarity and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Political Science, or equivalent.
- Four (4) or more years of experience developing, editing, and producing technical and graphical documentation.
- Four (4) or more years of professional experience using MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Two (2) years of experience producing documentation for shore C4I installation projects.
- Two (2) years of experience writing documents in accordance with the SPAWAR Shore Installation Process Handbook.
- U.S. citizenship
- DoD Active SECRET clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 12, 2016, 9:20:10 AM
Primary Location: United States-HI-HONOLULU
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: