Full Time Employee
C4ISR Network Systems Engineer (Job Number:420880)
SAIC has a contingent career opportunity for a Network Engineer to provide engineering and technical expertise for a DoD client, including design, planning, installation, testing, and maintenance of large, complex IT network systems. Previous experience supporting the Navy/Marine Corps is preferred. This position will be located in Honolulu, HI and is contingent upon contract award.
- Provide engineering support and subject matter expertise on the design, planning, installation, test, and maintenance of DoD IT networks.
- Provide support for Ethernet and IP network configurations, network hardware, routing protocols, and network LAN design.
- Perform engineering/technical analysis on operational and or system requirements and provide results, recommendations and rationale to project and program leads.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews, working group meetings, Integrated Planning Team (IPT) sessions, and other technical meetings as required.
- Provide inputs to the development of communications engineering design and implementation plans.
- Provide inputs to the development of plans that shall include site and equipment surveys, scheduling plans, work breakdown structure, and engineering analyses to optimize performance and meet system requirements.
- Provide inputs to the development of a design package including elements such as block diagrams, wiring diagrams, cabling diagrams, signal flow diagram, and other miscellaneous details and diagrams for the GMB Project.
- Provide inputs to the Subject Matter Expert (SME) Team with developing MILCON design packages.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Science, or successful completion of military school designed to train personnel for independent performance in computer networks, AND a minimum of seven (7) years field experience in network design, planning, installation, test, and maintenance.
- Four (4) years of experience in the design, planning, installation, test, and maintenance of DoD IT networks.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) training or certification.
- Four (4) years of experience with Ethernet and IP networking configurations, routing protocols, network hardware and network LAN design, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Optical Transport.
- At least (7) years of experience with the DoD DIACAP CT&E and accreditation processes.
- At least seven (7) years of experience with DoD C4I tactical and strategic systems.
- Active Secret clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 12, 2016, 8:43:56 AM
Primary Location: United States-HI-HONOLULU
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: