Full Time Employee
Linux System Administrator (Job Number:421213)
Mission Computing enables mission success by delivering tailored computing services and exceptional customer service to members of the workforce who utilize MCS resources. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with other IT professionals outside of the work center are required. The MCS infrastructure team provides system administration and support for a wide variety of technologies and capabilities. Responsible for installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting centralized and distributed physical and virtual Linux operating systems. Provide technical and operational knowledge to configure and maintain hardware, operating software, and business applications while providing problem and incident support including participation in activities around root cause analysis and continuous improvement activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a computing field or four years of applicable experience.
- Demonstrated expertise (greater than 3 years) providing Linux system administration in an enterprise environment
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to multitask at a high level while accomplishing daily operational tasks under general direction
- Ability to obtain DOE Q Clearance, can start uncleared/without a clearance.
- Experience with automation / configuration management tools
- Experience with scripting and programming languages
- Windows operating system experience
- ITSM and service support experience
- Knowledge and change management experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2016, 6:56:39 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: