Full Time Employee
O&M System Analyst III (Job Number:421144)
Administer production servers in an enterprise environment; train staff in complex topics; interacts with senior management; analyzes system/application issues and provides accurate and rapid resolution; evaluates all systems for enhancements provided by developers and assesses impacts on system functions and the operational environment; provides expertise and advice on the day-to-day function of the production environment.
Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex database management systems workstations and servers on multiple operating systems. Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Coordinates, directs and performs complex database software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related database software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple database systems and databases to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures database data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate solutions of varying complexities. Ensures database recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of database backups and archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of database implementations. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts audits of databases to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Systems Admins, database engineers, and software developers to help determine and develop the database software and databases that will be implemented. Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives. Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors. FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. IMPACT: Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources. LIASON: Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational andoutside customer contacts on routine matters.
- This position requires experience with Application and/or OS support in Windows and Linux Red Hat environments, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Independent problem-solving, self- direction and documentation skills
- Expert in all aspects of server administration; for example, configuration of disk sub-systems, server operations and maintenance, server migration, server protection and disk to disk backup/restore
- A solid understanding of Linux-based operating systems and Windows Server operating system, and the storage utilities used by them
- Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint administration, configuration and development Familiarity with SAN storage concepts
- Ability to write scripts in various administrative languages (Tk, Perl, VBScript, a shell)
- Enterprise storage solution knowledge (SAN, NAS and direct-attached disk) in an open systems environment.
- Knowledge of hardware and software from key storage vendors (EMC, IBM, HP)
- Advanced troubleshooting experience resolving configuration issues, such as connectivity, DNS, stopped services, web tier issues, etc
- 2 or more years of administration experience in a complex multi-site environment
- 2 or more years in Large, Medium, and Small deployment experience in reviewing code and implementing within a production environment
- 2 year?s experience supporting a virtualized platform
- Experience can be substituted with having a Master degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2016, 8:27:43 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: