Full Time Employee
O&M IT Consultant I (Job Number:421158)
Provides consultative support to FEMA customers to enhance the use and access of technology and information systems. The incumbent has a varying level of responsibility for support information technology-based systems primarily in the areas of applications software, multimedia, database resources, and network support, but may include a moderate degree of hardware consultation and support. Positions in this classification will have responsibility for supporting administrative departments, needs, using available information technologies and resources.
Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components. Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis. Ensures the logical ad systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation. Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives. Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors. FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. IMPACT: Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources. LIASON: Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational andoutside customer contacts on routine matters.
- The incumbent will have experience in the Service level agreements between Government agencies as well as Inter agency agreements.
- Strong knowledge of IT cost estimations and IT Operations management processes is required.
- The Information Technology Consultant typically has a broad knowledge of multiple software and instructional/media technology applications, database systems and sources, and equipment types, but is not usually involved in design and systems analysis on an ongoing basis, which would require an in-depth knowledge of engineering or programming techniques.
- Provides consultative support to FEMA customers to enhance the use and access of technology and information systems.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction and documentation skills
- Expert in all aspects of server administration; for example, configuration of disk sub-systems, server operations and maintenance, server migration, server protection and disk to disk backup/restore
- A solid understanding of Web Services, messaging and other related technologies
- Experience supporting application servers/database migration/upgrade efforts.
- Three years or more of system administration on a Windows environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Expertise in Virtualization and DR environments
- Experience can be substituted with having Bachelors or Master degree in Computer Science or a related field and two years of experience in the field of SOA and service- oriented computing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2016, 8:30:43 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: