General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
Database Manager for the Student Management System (SMS) for the Directorate of Education Technology, US Army Command & General Staff College Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
Responsible for migrating the current database to SQL Server 2014. Maintain continuous database availability. Provide Database & Web Applications recommendations to the government.
Daily operation duties:
implement database cluster
* Deployment of SSIS packages
* The SMS Archive project – database design and SQL Server Reporting Services
* Tech refresh – Data modelling, database development (stored procedures, TFS)
* Database backups and restore
* Performance monitoring and tuning
Implement database clustering (Always on Activity Group) pending CR and stand-up of second server in cluster
* Support the tech refresh of the application
Implement security patches required as discovered by Above Baseline Scan (I think we have this under control now)
* The SQL Servers need to be STIG.
* Develop regular security checks on system
* Review Change Management Plan, Configuration Management Plan and Patch Management Plan (the plans are pretty much developed)
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure. 4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Tests designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* BA or BS degree in CS or Information systems preferred
* 10-15 years of related database analysis and/oradministration experience.
Experience with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), T-SQL, stored procedures, DMVs, Visual Studio
* 5+ years of experience operating and maintain SQL Server including performing backups and restores, performance monitoring and configuration management
* 5+ years of experience with supporting developing and enhancing database applications including database design and development, source control, and code reviews
* 5+ years of experience supporting and administering secure systems. Advanced knowledge of security including implementing and documenting government STIGS
* 4+ years of experience with managing IT task and solution delivery
* Maintain DoD 8570.1 workforce security certification requirements
* Experience with administering systems in a government environment
* 5+ years .NET application development
The following certifications are required:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE); Data Platform certification IA/IT certification at Technical Level II per DoD 8570.01-M within 6 months of start date.
In addition, must have familiarity with Department of Defense authentication systems (e.g. AKO), data models, terminology, and information security requirements.
Active Secret security clearance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: