Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work as a member of a small multi-skilled team. You will gather requirements, assess technology, and work with scientists and engineers from around the world to satisfy requirements. The technologies and solutions offered against the requirements are then presented to operators and end users for evaluation and assessment. You will then work to take the successful technologies from proof of concept to full implementation. You will contribute to Broad Agency Announcements, write statements of work, evaluate white papers and proposals, manage contracts, measure performance, manage budget and schedule, and oversee the performance of technology contractors. You will plan, organize and conduct meetings with operators, first responders, decision makers and technology providers and producers in a working group format. The working groups are from many disciplines and from multiple agencies and organizations. Subject matter experts (SME) are used to assist these working groups. Responsibilities of this position include identifying, selecting and working with SMEs from both the government and the commercial sectors.
Additional responsibilities include: creating program documents, monitoring program execution, using automated systems, performing technical analysis to support planning, financial actions, task management and project management, maintaining formal and informal communications with working group members, contractors, and management, preparing presentations and supporting the inclusion of other presenters into working group agendas, and performing market research in specific technical areas.
A secret clearance is required to start, with the ability to upgrade to Top Secret
This position will be working in the area of Tactical Operations Support (TOS) for a DoD level organization that serves as an interagency forum for national defense organizations, national security organizations, intelligence organizations, the State Department, the Department of Justice, and state and local government organizations and first responders.
• Support the Tactical Operations Support (TOS) government program manager in the development and management of projects that deliver near ready technologies to combat terrorism. Provide program management support that leads to the development of systems to support war fighters and first responders.
• Provide high-quality, timely and professional services and technical support. The candidate must have a degree and experience meeting operational requirements, preparing reports, familiarizing non-technical people with technical capabilities, creating market studies, and conducting hands-on demonstrations.
• Develop concise statements of work, review technical proposals, monitor and review technical and financial project execution, and support program management administration.
• Prepare technical and programmatic briefings and technical papers in support of specific areas of development.
• Work with contracting personnel in the development of requirements documents, statements of work, technical evaluations, independent government cost estimates, and other contract award supporting documents.
• Track and analyze the status of assigned projects. The work will require becoming proficient in the use of unique CTTSO management databases and business management applications.
• Support projects using aviation assets and technology for individual security and survivability, mobile security, surveillance, counter surveillance, reconnaissance. Experience with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Counter UAV or Counter UAV surveillance desired.
• Provide project management expertise for projects in the TOS subgroup. Each project has DoD, Interagency, and State/Local LE interest ranging from SOF Forces to US Marshals Service and County Sheriff's Departments.
The majority of the work will be performed on government site in Alexandria, VA. Travel will be required and can include international travel but will not typically exceed 25%. Travel may be performed in support of program reviews, test and evaluation trials, conferences, presentations, et- cetera.
Requirements: The candidate must have, at minimum,
• Bachelor’s Degree. This position is well suited for degreed prior military service members.
• At least 10 plus years of related work experience including experience with Special Operations (SOF), SOF Aviation, military operations, security, intelligence, law enforcement or national security activities. Work experience with special operations, intelligence organizations, and special warfare is desired. SOF Aviation training and experience is required.
• At least 2 years of experience in project management, project management support, or analysis.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Other Skills Required: This position requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of the DoD procurement and acquisition systems
• Experience writing and/or evaluating contract documents such as statements of work, technical evaluations, CDRLs, and independent government cost estimates.
• Operational experience with military special missions, aviation, or intelligence operations associated with combating terrorism operations/technology
• Field experience in special operations techniques, equipment, procedures, training, including aviation to support Special Operations Forces
Clearance: Secret is required - eligible for TS.
To apply for this job, contact: