Full Time Employee Contractor
The role of the Desktop Systems Administrator is to provide IT support in a heterogeneous environment (Windows and Linux) with a high focus on security. The Desktop System Administrator is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, phone, and in person.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Resolves a broad range of technical issues in support of customer computer hardware, software, and network.
• Diagnoses, identifies, isolates and analyzes problems throughout the environment.
• Installs and configures software
• Uses MS SCCM to centrally manage desktops systems for software deployments, patch management. Runs reports for audits and verification.
• Assists in desktop configuration selection to achieve fit for purpose for end users
• Creates, maintains and deploys standard desktop images
• Performs moves, adds, changes (MAC) of computers, telecom and users
• Sets up and tests a variety of systems and hardware components/peripherals prior to field deployment and provides computer repair and test capability for all company departments.
• Analyzes failed systems according to established standard operating procedures.
• Performs repairs and tests of systems that can be repaired in-house.
• Performs preventive and on-demand maintenance on a variety of systems.
• Is responsible for ensuring customers’ computer issues are resolved. May escalate issues to other service groups.
• Maintains and updates records and ticket tracking databases.
• Creates, updates and maintains documentation and standard operating procedures
• Participates as a member on Internal Project Teams performing a variety of computer related activities, idea sharing and problem resolution.
• Provides support outside of regular duties as needed.
• Alerts management to recurring incidents and patterns of problems. Skills ? Windows 7 ? Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or other endpoint configuration management software ? Desktop image creation and configuration management ? Active directory and group policy management ? Hardware component troubleshooting and repair ? Solid understanding of networking principles/topologies ? Ability to troubleshoot and assist with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, One Note) as well as Project and Visio, minimum of version 2013 ? Familiarity with Linux (RHEL7+) a plus ? Ability to think creatively to troubleshoot and develop solutions ? Familiar with Microsoft roaming profiles. ? Familiar with Active Directory group policies.
Experience/Education ? 4-6 years desktop systems administration/support experience in mid-to-large environments. ? Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Technical Certifications (one or more of the following):
• MCP or other Microsoft Specialist Certification (N and/or N-1 version), within 6 months of hire
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) (N and/or N-1 version), within 6 months of hire
• A+ Certification
Other Requirements: ? Candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance. ? Ability to comfortably lift and carry up to 50+lbs.
• Strong dedication to customer service and excellent verbal/written communications skills and interpersonal skills
• Experience using problem/ticket management systems (BMC Remedy, etc.)
To apply for this job, contact: