Sears Holdings Corporation (http://jobs.sears.com/vet/learnmore_military.html)
Full Time Employee
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Provides disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
• Adheres to the Assistant Store Manager scheduling requirements (weekly exceptions must be approved by the Store Manager) o 95% of time spent on the sales floor o Minimum of 2 nights per week o Minimum of 2 weekends per month scheduled during peak hours (e.g., Friday night, Saturday mid-day through evening, Sunday)
• Follows the weekly Playbook process to develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
• Inspects departments and consults with associates daily to identify opportunities and develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
• Executes customer focused strategies, policies and programs as measured by Customer Satisfaction Survey data and verbatim comments.
• Selects, develops and manages performance of individuals and team, measured by appropriate performance reports/scorecards/dashboards.
• Attracts, hires and on-boards store staff as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
• Executes the client’s (brand/business) plan consistently across departments and provide ongoing fact based feedback to Store Manager and appropriate business including competitive intelligence.
• Ensures consistent delivery of acceptable compliance scores as measured by the Standards Based Store Visit & Client Commitment tools, including effective store wide completion of: o Merchandise, receipt, flow to floor and stockroom processes. o Total controllable cost vs. plan/trend o Warehouse and stockroom management (RTV, VOM, Discontinued Merchandise) o Multi-Channel processes and associate participation (Fusion, Store to Web, Merchandise Pick Up, Ready in Five) o Point of Sale, credit applications and opportunities o Brand standards and facilities maintenance o Safety, inventory and shrink controls (merchandise protection and safety standards/processes) o Staffing, employment compliance, retention o Scheduling (LRQs scheduled/worked and actual vs. earned hours) o Training completion and associate role playing o Employee communication and recognition
• Focuses and invest time on customer facing activities and operational processes.
• Ensures the department is “Location Certified” and every associate is “Role Certified” to do his/her job.
• Monitors and proactively addresses outliers in customer satisfaction, sales, profit margin, operational processes, and compliance against plan or established standards.
• Embeds the Company return policy and Pledge of Fairness.
LEADERSHIP BEHAVIORS Customer Focused:
• Expects and inspects core processes and “clean and bright” standards.
• Expects and inspects execution of clients’ merchandising and operating plans.
• Provides first person coaching and leadership on the execution of action plans based on the weekly Playbook process, daily department walks, Customer Satisfaction Survey learnings, customer verbatims, and customer/associate interactions.
• Is the customer advocate and surface opportunities to improve the end to end customer experience.
• Teaches, models and leads ways to satisfy customers, find ways to say yes, e.g., helpful associates, complaint resolution, Store to Web.
• Personally supports, coaches and develops team members across all brand departments by creating an environment where our associates can be successful.
• Facilitates dialogue between front-line associates and the store leadership team.
• Focuses the entrepreneurial energy of the team on delivering over the top customer service and associate pride.
• Leads and embeds all Retail Services plans/projects using common enterprise-wide tools, processes and language. (No store programs.)
• Creates and maintains a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
• Rigorously inspect compliance with our operating model for consistency around operations processes and procedures.
• Executes and supports the client’s plan utilizing outlier reporting, scorecards and standardized reporting.
• Leads and monitors store level margin drivers, e.g., solution selling, accessory attachment rate, inactive inventory, price change execution.
• Achieves all miscellaneous income plans e.g., smart plans, protection agreements, new account generation.
• Achieves controllable cost plans relative to department and identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities to associates and teams.
• Communicates opportunities and solutions that will allow clients to meet/exceed profit plans.
Effective Decision Making:
• Provides Store Manager with fact based, real time feedback on the product life cycle including assortment, pricing, inventory flow, marketing support, transition/exit strategies, etc. in order to highlight opportunities for clients.
• Utilizes quantitative and qualitative data to measure and achieve desired outcomes and address outlier opportunities.
• Consistently provides a sense of urgency to maintain standards while obtaining associate buy-in.
To apply for this job, contact: