Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
• Currently enrolled at an accredited university in an industry related field.
• One (1) or more years of Engineering, Computer Science
• C, C++ or C# programming classes and/or project experience.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio .
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite Applications.
• Involved in a structured program that provides practical experience relevant to academic programs.
• Process oriented with strong problem solving skills.
• Strong lab skills with experience in carefully documenting work.
• The ideal candidate will be entering their sophomore or junior year majoring in software engineering, computer science, etc. and will have a strong interest in software development.
• Prior Internship in Software Engineering.
• Experience with industry software tools and products such as XML, SQL, and Microsoft Visual Studio, VMware, etc. desired.
• Software as a Service, Client-Server Architecture and Real-Time Systems experience desired.
• Experience with Oracle and Windows operating systems preferred.
Education or Certification Requirements:
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical area.
**Job #:** 16745BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Part Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins Information Management Services “IMS” (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
The ARINC Security department in Carrollton, Texas is seeking a self-driven Software Engineer Intern with a positive attitude to join its ARINC Security department. The ideal candidate would be able and willing to work during the semester 15-20 hours per week and is either a rising Sophomore or Junior majoring in software engineering, computer science, etc. and has a strong interest in software development.
As an entry-level professional Engineering Intern, you will provide technical engineering support for the Advanced Information Management (AIM) platform. AIM is a scalable, configurable, and cost-effective platform that seamlessly integrates existing security devices, new technology, and ARINC Security-designed software to provide Command and Control to U.S. critical infrastructure organizations, such as the nuclear power plants, transit agencies, & DoD facilities.
The ideal candidate will use their ability to work under pressure and demanding time constraints to learn new concepts quickly and solve problems under minimal supervision.
As a Software Engineer intern your duties will include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with merging software from different code bases.
• Participating on project teams.
• Assisting with meeting schedule deadlines.
• Assisting with following engineering processes.
• Installing and configuring operating systems, software and hardware on computers.
• Updating documentation, and other support type functions.
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage experiential development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. We offer flexible work schedules including a compressed workweek with every other Friday off. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: