Full Time Employee
ServiceNow Developer (Job Number:421373)
SAIC has an opening for a ServiceNow Engineer located in Springfield, VA.
- The Department of State Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) Division has implemented a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, XenMobile, which offers the Department further flexibility in the mobile space. Presently, the XenMobile solution supports 9,000 mobile devices (iOS) not including an additional 30,000+ BlackBerry mobile devices, both domestically and overseas.
- To further the Departments excellence in the mobile space, the Department has initiated an Enterprise Mobile Device Lifecycle Management initiative and is currently evaluating a COTS product --MobiChord ? that will enable the Department to provide end-to-end mobile device lifecycle management processes ? asset and configuration management, ordering, provisioning, billing, and reporting.
- A key component of MobiChord is its integration with ServiceNow, which provides the capability to provide end-to-end mobile device lifecycle management processes.
- The ServiceNow Engineer will be an integral part of a small Team that will participate in a Pilot Initiative (6-months) and will focus on the design, configuration, testing, and deployment of ServiceNow modules that will integrate with MobiChord.
- This critical project will require the expertise of a senior level ServiceNow Engineer specifically to support the engineering and deployment of iOS devices and additional devices supported by the Mobile Device Management platform.
- The ServiceNow Engineer will augment a larger XenMobile Engineering Team with MRA.
Description of Duties:
- The candidate will provide subject matter expertise for the engineering MRA?s ServiceNow Suite of tools in relation to MobiChord.
- The candidate will provide administration leadership, analyzing the overall pilot deployment and recommend design improvements.
- The candidate is responsible for effective engineering of Service Now modules, oversight of installation/configuration, and test- planning of systems and software related to ServiceNow.
- The successful candidate will have experience with project and engineering lifecycle principles, translating requirements into functional and technical solutions, application implementation and support, enterprise monitoring, specific expertise with ServiceNow design and customization, and familiarity with technology specific best practices and standards.
- In addition, the candidate will be required to:
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions, as requested, and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solutions.
- Design and develop extensions to ServiceNow data model in support of requirements towards AMDB and CMDB, SACM and other modules.
- Review and refine designs for usability, review testing scenarios and refine test cases to ensure applications quality and work with users to review test results to ensure they meet expected results.
- Support and coordinate scheduling and execution of releases, product upgrades, and new technology deployments.
- Evaluate new features and produce comprehensive analysis and recommendations.
- Perform and participate in product roadmap planning, participate in disaster recovery planning and testing, etc.
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent experience and eight (8) years of experience.
- Equivalent experience substituted for a degree must be in Tier III support and enterprise-wide network infrastructure implementation and architecture.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in IT Service Management, Asset and Configuration Management and ITIL̉ practices.
- 5+ years of experience engineering and operating large IT infrastructure.
- 3-5+ years of experience with ServiceNow?s Service Management Suite including, but not limited to, the following modules: Service Now Asset Management Service Now Configuration Management Service Now Incident Management Service Now Problem Management 5+ years of experience with application deployment.
- Experience working in a Team environment comprised of system administrators and engineers.
- Experience developing project plans and schedules and briefing senior government customers.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation.
- Research emerging technologies and makes recommendations based on future business needs.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, and Excel.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Candidate must possess a DoD Interim/Active clearance
- Experience with or working knowledge of eBonding Systems Integration Familiarity with MDMs or EMMs Familiarity with US government network environments and policies (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures).
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self- awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification Certifications: MCSE, PMP, or other related certifications
- Secret Clearance
Travel % Required:
- Occasional travel (less than 10%) may be required within the Washington, DC Metro area.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 12, 2016, 1:01:24 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: