Full Time Employee
Travel Specialist (Job Number:421343)
Serves as the authority on travel matters, including the furnishing of advice and information to travelers, Authorizing Officials and others; and responsible as the principal point of liaison with other elements related to travel such as vendors, finance, security, and management. Is characterized by independence of action, with very little instruction, guidance and review, except for review of accomplishments of broad objectives and conformance to policy. The high volume of travel requires close tracking, scheduling and frequent communication. Frequent schedule changes and short notice trips require the ability to make informed decisions and follow thru. Destinations can be inaccessible and require extensive planning. The ability to research and interpret frequently changing regulations from various sources is imperative. Ensuring the travelers are within regulation, safe and traveling as efficiently as possible can require diplomacy and great customer service skills.
Specific Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Update and Track all Pre-Travel Approvals, Travel Orders, Travel Vouchers, and APACS.
- Prepare and submit travel requests via Share Point site.
- Prepare and submit travel orders and vouchers in the Defense Travel System.
- Notify Branch Heads for final review/approval.
- Track and notify personnel of approvals
- Prepare and submit APACS Country Clearance Requests.
- Distributed daily/weekly Travel Action Reports.
- Provide guidance for Passport renewals.
- Provide guidance for DTS profiles.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: SECRET
- High School diploma or GED with at least (2) years of experience performing the foregoing functions.
- Must possess effective and professional written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in the DoD industry
- Defense Travel System (DTS) experience
- Aircraft and Personnel Automated Clearance System (APACS) experience
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Microsoft SharePoint experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 18, 2016, 3:19:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ST. INIGOES
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: