Full Time Employee
GCCS Tier 2 Engineer (Job Number:421376)
- GCCS Engineer with active DoD TS/SCI clearance is strongly preferred. Active Secret clearance is the minimum clearance requirement.
- A GCCS Engineer will perform system administration tasks for the Global Command and Control System Joint (GCCS-J) at the Headquarters U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) in Tampa, Florida and at forward operating locations.
- The GCCS Engineer will provide GCCS/Agile Client/JC2CUI/C2PC/JRE/CDS technical support to install, monitor, maintain, upgrade, analyze, troubleshoot, repair and restore computer and information systems to an operational status, to include servers and desktop computers with UNIX (Solaris 10), Red Hat Enterprise Unix (RHEL 5.7), Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows XP/ 7 platforms.
- The GCCS Engineer will evaluate hardware and software requirements and capabilities, develop and implement testing plans, and create engineering solutions for systems integration.
- Assist in the preparation and review of standard operating procedures.
- Specialize in the development, integration, deployment, and maintenance of GCCS-specific Windows system baseline installations.
- Prepare project status reports and briefings for contract and customer leadership.
- Provide remote administration to clients within the USCENTCOM GCCS footprint.
- Able to respond to Automated Help Desk Remedy tickets and document the actions taken to resolve the problems identified and return the user's system back to the service standards.
- Coordinate efforts with the Program Office regarding the release of security patches and IAVAs. Identify, report and coordinate security violation mitigation.
- Document, monitor, administer and report on system security posture in accordance with DoD and local guidance and policy.
- Be familiar with DoD Information Assurance (IA) policy.
- Be familiar with IA vulnerability scanning and resolution.
- The GCCS Engineer needs to possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Shift work and on-call duty may be required.
- Requires 15% travel and may include deployment to austere environments.
- A valid U.S. passport and compliance with all CENTCOM deployment regulations for immunization and travel are required.
- Active Secret clearance is required. TS/SCI is strongly preferred.
- Skills associated with installation, maintenance and operations of GCCS servers, ICSF clients, Agile Client, I3, Joint Command and Control Common User Interface (JC2CUI) and Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC) with emphasis on communications configuration, track data flow and synchronization of the COP.
- Operational experience working with the GCCS or any of its service variants (GCCS-M, GCCS-A, GCCS- AF, IAS/IOS (Internet Authentication System / Internetwork Operating System), and/or Theater Battle Management Core System (TBMCS)) Extensive experience with installation administration and maintenance of Solaris 10, Windows 2003/2008, XP/7 clients and servers.
- UNIX Sybase database administration experience.
- On-the-job experience with the administration of GCCS-J or service- specific systems.
- Experience in Global Command and Control System (GCCS), understanding Windows Active Directory and VMware is desired.
- Experience in military Joint Headquarters environments is essential.
- Effective technical writing skills are essential.
- Security + CE
- Red Hat Certification Technical Certification in Systems Administration for the Solaris 10 OS
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, high school equivalent and 9+ years of experience is required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 30, 2016, 9:49:51 AM
Primary Location: United States-FL-TAMPA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: