Full Time Employee Contractor
The Network Administrator provides all aspects of IT support for scientific research vessels. Work is performed on both shore and underway. Travel is required for this support. The Network Administrator supports research scientists, technicians, outreach personnel, and military members
• Responsible for the installation of LAN workstation, server, or other LAN system components.
• Performance of diagnostic testing and system troubleshooting, system configuration, integration, and or testing.
• Maintenance of LAN user accounts and profiles; systems upgrades; software and ore hardware evaluation.
• Responsible for the management of the Polar Science Network (PSN) including interfacing a variety of navigation, acoustic, meteorological and oceanographic electronics and configuring and supporting underway electronic mail using satellite communications.
• Deploys with a ship to support the PSN and users in the initial check of the systems and final set-up of support of the deployed science users.
• Deploy with a particular ship for portions of missions of 35 days or entire missions, up to a maximum of 180 days underway, in day-to-day PSN support of the deployed science users.
• Respond and correct any equipment/system faults as reported within 24 hours of notification.
• Assist the CG in the calibration, set-up and operation of each of the shipboard science systems during pre-cruise support.
• Provide after action/trip reports for each pre-cruise and mission
• Secret Security Clearance.
• Expert level knowledge of Network Operating systems, Network Equipment and Protocols.
• Must have excellent communications skills and be able to foster good customer relationships.
• Strong analytical troubleshooting skills, learning new skills on the job is essential.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be physically capable of working in a shipboard environment.
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Network Engineering.
• Familiarization of US Coast Guard ships and cutters.
• Familiarization with ship board satellite communications, and meteorological systems.
• Familiarization with VSAT and Iridium equipment is a plus.
• Network Certifications a plus
ManTech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.
To apply for this job, contact: