Full Time Employee
EDM Storage Area Network Support - Ed Blackman (Job Number:421377)
- SAIC has a job opening for an EDM Storage Area Network (SAN) Support technician to support our Marine Corps Network Operations and Security Center (MCNOSC) client's mission to provide enterprise network operations and defense.
- The EDM Storage Area Network (SAN) technician will configure all aspects of the Storage Area Network (SAN) for MCNOSC.
- The EDM Storage Area Network (SAN)SME will possess recent and relevant experience with SAN to include Snaps, storage provisioning, management software, recovery procedures, hardware installation and security of Logical Unit Numbers (LUNS) and access to each to provide EDM SAN support.
- This includes knowledge of Storage filers, software and hardware at the Tier III Level and its expertise with Windows, VMware, and networking to provide EDM SAN services.
- The environment is VMware based and the Contractor shall use its knowledge of VMware to provide SAN services.
- This work will be performed at the Marine Corps Network Operations and Security Center (MCNOSC), Marine Corps Base, Quantico VA. 22134.
- Resolve all EDM SAN tickets and provide an EDM SAN Status Report on a weekly basis for all SAN incidents escalated from Tier I organizations.
- Provide guidance and instruction to the Tier I organizations for handling standard SAN related incidents and service requests.
- Provide EDM SAN documentation to Tier I organizations on the procedures for completing the task.
- Submit and execute SAN related Request for Change (RFC) tasks.
- Escalate EDM SAN incident tickets to Tier III and other sections.
- Maintain the overall health of technologies associated with Storage Area Networks.
- Monitor the health of SANs with MCNOSC- provided event management tools.
- Provide MCNOSC project support for SAN related technologies.
- Coordinate with other MCNOSC sections on EDM SAN issues.
- Participate in a Change Review Board.
- Escalate issues to third party product vendors.
- Follow all ITIL version 3.0 (and later versions) processes as they are applied to the MCNOSC.
- Implement monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Work closely with the MCNOSC management to continually improve the SAN performance
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related IT degree preferred but 10 years of experience with industry certifications will negate the degree requirement.
- Expert level Professional series Certification within (NCIE, EMCSA, EMCCA, EMCTA, or related.)
- Basic Experience: At least 5 years’ experience working with Microsoft Servers.
- At least 5 years’ experience required in VMWare enterprise support, and 5 years SAN enterprise engineering.
- 8570 IAT Level III Certification.
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance and be SCI eligible.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2016, 10:02:36 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-QUANTICO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: