Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** To be considered for this position you must have at least 2 years of electronics maintenance and repair experience, or the equivalent in a technical electronics or radio maintenance course. Your experience can be from the commercial or military sectors.
Other qualifications include:
• Proficiency in fault isolation, restoration and adjustment of company communications equipment.
• Experience analyzing system failures and identifying, and restoring equipment malfunctions and failures.
• Experience performing testing, repair, and replacement at the component (piece part) and board level.
• Possession of an FCC General Radiotelephone Operator's License (GROL).
• Ability to read and follow technical manuals/instructions and have a basic knowledge of how to read schematics and drawings.
• Willingness to provide on-the-job training to Associate Field Service Technicians.
Must be able to lift and carry fifty pounds and climb towers and stepped poles up to fifty feet in height.
This position will require a criminal history check. The background check includes the ability to meet certain eligibility requirements, one of which is having either U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status. Finally, you must have resided within the United States for 3 consecutive years of the last 5 years.
The position is focused on providing 24/7 support, so after hours work is common.
Education / Certification:
• Requires High school diploma or GED. Completion of a course in practical electronics at a recognized technical school or college OR have 2 years practical experience in the electronics field.
• To be considered you must hold an FCC General Class License.
• AM radio maintenance experience is a plus
**Job #:** 16739BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** Aeronautical Radio, Inc. is looking for you to join our team in Burlingame, CA as a Senior Radio Field Service Technician to support our Aviation and Network Services Division. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in an environment where customer service is held in the highest regard.
Our Air/Ground Domestic Voice Service is the aeronautical industry's air/ground voice communications link for aeronautical operational control (AOC) messages. The service is backed by 45 years of Rockwell Collins IMS experience of providing communications solutions to the aviation market.
Whether it is supporting our nationwide Air to Ground voice and data networks, or our custom communication solutions, Rockwell Collins IMS’ Field Service Technicians are at the forefront of ensuring the operational viability of these critical communication systems.
The Senior Radio Field Service Technician will:
• Install, maintain, test, adjust, and repair communication equipment such as radio and antenna systems.
• Utilize test equipment as required to perform proper installation or repair.
• Be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, vendors, and contractors in support of maintenance and installation activities.
**This position requires the candidate be on-call after hours, on weekends and holidays. Travel may be required.**
Local candidates will be given first preference.
Think beyond year one for a moment. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we seek to provide you with opportunities for growth, variety in your work, and earning potential. We also offer a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off, a company funded pension plan and 401(k) and Roth 401(k) retirement plan. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: