Full Time Employee
System and Integration Engineer (Job Number:421429)
SAIC has an exciting new opportunity for an exceptional System Engineer that specializes in Integration. The Army System and Integration Engineer translates the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) G7 Modernization Branch’s operational intelligence requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex solutions and integrating architecture. Enhances INSCOM G7 systems modernization strategies, to include analysis of transition planning, intelligence information requirements, and may develop architecture baselines. Assists with and leads development of systems integration, migration plans/schedules. Acts as an advocate for the INSCOM G7 MOD as the ultimate authority on the system architecture components designed to address INSCOM operational mission requirements. Develops technical solutions for system modernization initiatives for the large variety and complexity of INSCOM intelligence systems. Supports material development and implementation of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) using virtualization and cloud technologies. Interacts with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design. Analyzes and resolves Information Assurance technical problems. Areas of focus include Cross Domain Solutions, Software Defined Networking, "Smart Cards", and emerging technologies and future trends. Supports the integration of Information Assurance solutions and technologies into networks with particular attention to protocols, interfaces, and system design. Conducts testing, records and analyzes results, and provides recommendations for improvements for the products/systems under test. Participates in the development of test strategies. Troubleshoot engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area of hardware, software, networks and virtualization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline
- Minimum 10 years' System Engineering experience
- Extensive Integration experience
- Experience in heterogeneous computer networking technology and familiarization with protocol and/or interface standards.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP (to include multicast), information security/authorization profiles, or security administration of Linux and Windows network/systems.
- Knowledge of Government security policies and familiarity with security-related technologies and auditing tools.
- Provide security engineering analysis on a variety of information systems.
- Perform network engineering functions including: conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization.
- Assessment of evolving user needs, translating those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and virtualization, in particular VMware and cloud technologies.
- General experience includes system engineering; software engineering; program design and implementation; configuration management; or maintenance.
- Risk Management Framework Training.
- ICD 503 Training.
- Security Technologies: eMASS, XACTA, ACAS, HBSS.
- Must currently possess TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 23, 2016, 9:03:23 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FORT BELVOIR
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: