Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech, a well-respected industry leader, is actively seeking talented professionals eager to support mission critical programs and solve some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation’s security.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Computer Specialist for the NAWCAD Special Communications Requirements (SCR) Division in Patuxent River/St. Inegoes, MD.
· The Sr. Computer Scientist shall independently apply knowledge of computer
science principles, information management principles, automated data processing (ADP) functions, hardware and software systems structures and operation, and computer programming languages and techniques to solve automations problems related to DoDIIS communication systems and networks.
· Addresses scientific, engineering or business objectives by writing, modifying or adapting computer programs in machine level, assembly and third or fourth generation programming languages.
· Interfaces with and uses minicomputer and mainframe computer systems in addressing project objectives.
· Independently identifies and uses standard, unconventional and original mathematical, algorithmic, and programmatically approaches to define, plan, organize, design, develop, modify, test, and integrate database or data processing systems, computer hardware systems and simulations models.
· Formulates architectural design, functional specifications, interfaces and documentation of hardware or software systems considering system interrelationships, operating modes and software or equipment configurations.
· Researches unconventional applications of software and operating systems in designing and developing new methodologies, significant modifications or adaptations of standardized techniques. Responsible for developing project plans, guidelines, and controls. May act as team or project leader, supervising and advising with respect to the work of other computer specialists, scientists, or technicians.
Manditory Experience & Education:
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) 2003 or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
At least four (4) years of experience in performing the foregoing functions. At least one (1) year of the foregoing total experience shall have been as a team leader or supervisor. At least 1 year of the foregoing total experience shall have consisted of performing computer specialist functions in a "Relevant Technical Discipline".
Eight (8) years of combined education (at the undergraduate level in any academic field) and experience performing the foregoing functions can be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
To apply for this job, contact: