Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work as a member of a small multi-skilled team. You will gather requirements, assess technology, and work with scientists and engineers from around the world to satisfy requirements. The technologies and solutions offered against the requirements are then presented to operators for evaluation and assessment. You will then work to take the successful technologies from proof of concept to full implementation. You will contribute to Broad Agency Announcements, write statements of work, evaluate white papers and proposals, manage contracts, measure performance, manage budget and schedule, and oversee the performance of technology contractors. You will plan, organize and conduct meetings with operators, first responders, decision makers and technology providers and producers in a working group format. The working groups are from many disciplines and from multiple agencies and organizations. Subject matter experts (SME) are used to assist these working groups. Responsibilities of this position include evaluating technology and preparing contract documents.
Additional responsibilities include: creating program documents and monitoring program execution using an automated system, performing technical analysis to support planning, financial actions, task management and project management, maintaining formal and informal communications with working group members, contractors, and management, preparing presentations and supporting the inclusion of other presenters into working group agendas, and performing market research in specific technical areas.
List of specific functions
This position will be working in the area of Improvised Explosive Device Defeat and Explosive Counter Measures, Robots, Additive Manufacturing , Home Made Explosives, Military Explosives, Commercial Demolitions/Explosives, and Countering Explosive Threats. You will be supporting an interagency organization working with all Federal Departments and Agencies and with state and local first responders (law enforcement, fire departments, disaster response). The Improvised Explosive Device Defeat and Explosives Countermeasures (IDD/EC) team works closely with the military departments, government agencies and state and local bomb squads,
• Support the IDD/Explosive Countermeasures subgroup government program manager in the development and management of research and development (R&D) projects.
• Provide project management support that leads to the development of systems to find, characterize and defeat or neutralize explosive threats.
• Provide engineering and technical expertise and judgement.
• Provide high-quality, timely and professional services and technical support. The candidate should have experience satisfying requirements, preparing reports, familiarizing non-technical people with technical capabilities, preparing market studies, and conducting hands-on work.
• Develop concise statements of work, review technical proposals, monitor and review technical and financial project execution, and support program management administration.
• Prepare technical and programmatic briefings and technical papers.
• Work with contracting personnel in the development of requirements documents, statements of work, technical evaluations, independent government cost estimates, and other contract award supporting documents.
• Track and analyze the status of assigned projects. The work will require becoming proficient in the use of CTTSO management databases and business management applications.
The majority of the work will be performed on the government site in vicinity of Alexandria, VA. Travel will be required and can include international travel but will not typically exceed 25%. Travel may be performed in support of program reviews, test and evaluation trials, conferences, presentations, et cetera. Characteristics necessary for success include the following:
Requirements: The candidate must have, at minimum,
Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical Engineering Preferred, Engineering, Science, Physics)
At least 4 years of experience with robotics or additive manufacturing technics, using both metal and polymer
Experience in project management, project management support, or project analysis.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Other Skills Required:
This position requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Either a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline, plus 3-5 years hands-on experience in rapid prototyping using additive manufacturing, or developing innovative robotics applications; or a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program with an emphasis in robotics and/or additive manufacturing. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and skills in both robotics and additive manufacturing.
Clearance: Secret is required - eligible for TS/SCI
To apply for this job, contact: