Full Time Employee
Do you like coming up with creative solutions to a variety of technical challenges? Do you want to improve the associate and consumer experience alike? Do you want to impact the technological direction of a growing niche retail organization enabled by IT?
If that’s a yes…
Then CarMax, one of Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” and the largest retailer of used cars could be your new home…
CarMax IT solves complex business problems through the use and implementation of new and innovative technologies. Our interns are engaged in meaningful, solutions driven work which is similar to the work associates do. In fact, our interns will be working with associates to deliver on projects supporting our business.
We are hiring people who are interested in:
• Collaborating to solve original, wide-ranging, and open-ended business problems
• Designing and implementing information technology solutions
• Discovering and applying new insights to unique business problems
• Developing the business and technical skills for a rewarding career
What makes the CarMax IT internship program unique?
Intern associates will work with an IT team on an eight week internship.
Through this program, you will:
• Learn about the day to day operations and processes of a rapidly growing Fortune 500
• Learn about and gain experience with aspects our technology stack including:
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Microsoft C#.NET
• SaaS and B2B integrations (Salesforce, Workday, etc.)
• Web API and WCF Service Development (BusinessWorks)
• Visual Studio 2013/2015
• MS Azure
• MVC Frameworks
• Native Development – Android and iOS
• Gain a solid understanding of IT’s partnership within the CarMax business model
• Work on a project to recommend an archive/purge strategy for CarMax’s data warehouse environment
• Perform hands-on research of our analytics environment and identify opportunities to provide efficiencies to our teams
Skills to be utilized/Experience to be gained:
• Technical – Interns will learn database skills (SQL)
• Project management – Agile project methodology exposure
• Communication – Interns will participate in business customer meetings, design sessions, and construct a formal presentation for senior management at the project conclusion
• Time management – A project plan with milestone dates will be produced
What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
• Passion for creating and implementing information technology solutions for business problems
• Analytic and problem-solving skills
• A rising junior or senior in a 4-year degree program (Computer Science or Business Information Technology preferred)
• A history of achievement and aptitude demonstrated by a 3.0 GPA, and/or other recognition such as scholarships, awards, and honor societies
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
To apply for this job, contact: