Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
• Five (5) or more years of system engineering experience through all phases of the SDLC life cycle and with broad knowledge of core IT technologies including networks, servers, storage, databases and application security
• Five (5) or more years of experience in developing and integrating software applications using Microsoft technologies
• Experience working C# and ASP.NET
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Effective team leadership
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and document complex business and technical requirements.
• Strong analytical problem solver with attention to detail
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to design complex software components.
• Domain expertise in Commercial and/or Business Aviation messaging
• Iterative, Spiral or Agile SDLC expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field. Equivalent work experience in software/systems engineer will be considered in lieu of a degree.
**Job #:** 16754BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
The Senior Systems Engineer will lead all phases of the systems development life-cycle for developing and maintaining BackOffice applications in support of Rockwell Collins’ Information Services Management business. Responsibilities will include the following:
• Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
• Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
• Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
• Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
• Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
• Coordinate with enterprise architects, network and security engineers, server and storage administrators to plan, purchase and deploy development, test and production environments
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
• Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Package and support deployment of releases.
• Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current Microsoft technologies
• Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
• Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
• Provide third-level support to business users.
• Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
Candidates are expected to:
• Work independently based on general direction from Architects, Program and Engineering Managers
• Enjoy learning new technologies
• Collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions
• Be determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule
• Be self-motivated and contribute to a positive work environment and
• Be adaptable to change.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: