Full Time Employee
Legal Administrator/Paralegal (Job Number:421483)
SAIC is seeking a Legal Administrator/Paralegal to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
The candidate will:
- Work daily with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs and Associate General Counsels
- Provide administrative/paralegal support to the OGC/IA office attorneys.
- Assist with legal administration including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal actions for OGC/IA.
- Open and close actions using suspense tracking systems (STS).
- Hand carry legal actions to other coordinating offices throughout day;
- Perform editing functions; answer phone calls; escort non-cleared personnel in the office; maintain files; and prepare correspondence
- Support the International Agreements Database (IAD) by performing data entry and scanning of International Agreements.
- Make copies; scan documents; produce files; assist in scheduling and monthly reports; and maintain basic office functions.
- Provide periodic database, indexing, and archival support, to include: analysis of chronological files, review of archival documents, review international agreements, and inputting data from international agreements into the database.
- Prepare daily leadership books
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: DoD TOP SECRET/SCI eligibility
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience with knowledge of administrative and clerical functions, processes, practices and procedures
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice
- Experience with the OGC data file system or similar systems
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non- legal DoD documents and international agreements
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication abilities and the ability to read, interpret and understand legal documents.
- Ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision.
- Strong administrative skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Previous experience in a working in the Pentagon or DoD office law office, General Counsel's office or JAG office
- Working knowledge of the Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Familiarity with knowledge management tools including SharePoint, Access databases, etc.
- No travel anticipated
- Military Base access required (Pentagon)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 25, 2016, 8:24:20 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: