Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Marina del Rey
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
• Thirteen (13) or more years of control systems integration with relevant industrial experience in managing / leading fixed price contract execution.
• Seven (7) or more years of experience as manager of a large project, including staffing, financial and project scope.
• Five (5) or more years of commercial experience, sales or tender execution.
• Prior management experience with software and hardware engineers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent computer and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of project planning tools, including MS Project and Primavera.
• Five (5) to eight (8) years in train control or SCADA systems or process automation integration.
•Bachelors' degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
**Job #:** 16757BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Surface Transportation and Critical Infrastructure division Systems in Marina del Rey is seeking a highly motivated Principal Program Manager.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the execution of assigned project(s) to maximize results. The Program Manager will manage cash and margin, delivering on time, in conformity with the contract and Customer expectations. This position will be the single point contact to the customer for all aspects of contract execution.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Providing adequate reporting to all stakeholders such as customers, business partners and management including; preparing and presenting monthly project and financial reviews to management.
• Managing the internal and external communication loop.
• Developing and securing the necessary resources for the execution of the project.
• Organizing the project team and ensuring that the team members have clearly identified roles, responsibilities, defined interfaces and are empowered within their scope of duties.
• Assuming full responsibility for the delivery of the allocated project(s) scope, with hand over from the Sales team until all obligations are complete.
• Taking necessary actions to improve the project process and provide feedback to internal team on the performance of the Project and processes.
• Addressing any scope changes by deciding on actions and leading them in consideration of the defined strategy and informing Management of any impact on the overall performance of the project.
• Updating and reviewing the risk and opportunities of the project.
• Evaluating and deciding on actions that benefit the overall performance of the project and providing follow-up on these actions, implementation and results.
• Developing the project schedule, manage project float to ensure timely completion.
• Monitoring and reporting the necessary key performance indicators.
• Taking immediate and necessary actions to guarantee financial, time, quality and safety performance to maximize the allocated project scope goals are achieved.
To be successful in this position, the following goals will need to be accomplished on an ongoing basis:
• Managing a number of fixed price projects and their dollar amounts.
• Completing projects within budget and on schedule, while ensuring the customer’s satisfaction.
• Understanding RC_ ARINC hardware and software deliverables.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 25%-50%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: