Full Time Employee
Satellite Communications MILSATCOM Analyst (Job Number:421497)
SAIC is seeking a Satellite Communications Analyst in Arlington, VA.
- Provides subject matter expertise on operational SATCOM issues and projects to support AF/A3.
- Provides support to PEM in development and defense of MILSATCOM program budgets and coordinating them with SAF and AFSPC A3/A5/A8 to effectively sustain and maintain current operational capability as well as effectively budgeting for future modernization efforts. This includes evaluating the MAJCOM FINPLANs and budget documentation to provide operational inputs.
- Develops and maintains relationships, as well as interface with numerous representatives within the DoD, including the Air Staff, the boarder Air Force, other Armed Services, the Joint Staff, Defense Agencies, the Intelligence Community, OSD, as well as interagency stakeholders within the USG, commercial partners, and international partners as required in support of the SATCOM.
- Provides recommendations for AF/A3 positions on planning, programming, and budget as well as interagency and international issues affecting SATCOM, based on operational and warfighter perspectives.
- Reviews, evaluates, develops and supports the development of formal products for public release, to include senior Air Force leadership interviews with the media, testimony before Congressional Defense Committees, and participation in DoD and interagency forums.
- The incumbent will develop, as necessary, in the form of point papers, reports, QFR, Budget Program Fact Papers, Heartburn Appeals, staffer briefings, Skull Session material, or other products as tutorials to educate Air Force leadership on SATCOM.
- Participates in the development and/or implementation of policy documentation related to SATCOM, including reviewing and providing input to draft planning, programming & Weapon System Sustainment funding related policy and guidance such as the Annual Planning and Programming Guidance (APPG), Strategic Planning Guidance (SPG), Defense Planning Guidance, as well as any other relevant DoD and/or Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) Directive, Instruction, or Manual.
- Provides SATCOM impacts to the warfighter, before, during, and after conduct of military operations to support AF/A3 and the Air Force CAT.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of experience with Satellite Communications (SATCOM
- Planning Programming Budgeting Execution (PPBE)/ABIDES Training Support Services (OCI Association)
- Experience with Satellite Operations
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience.
Knowledge of and experience with MILSATCOM systems to include Advanced EHF, MILSTAR, Wideband Global SATCOM, MUOS, UHF Follow-On, and Defense Satellite Communications satellites, ground systems and user equipment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 4, 2016, 9:13:51 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: