Full Time Part Time Employee Contractor
Apply @ jobs.carmax.com
Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service, assisting with customer transfers, lot merchandising, securing vehicles, and assisting Purchasing team with additional daily functions. May also be responsible for wholesale auction responsibilities and optioning of vehicles.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform the imaging of inventory for CarMax.com
• Complete vehicle secures. To include, reading and verifying appraisal sheet information for any discrepancies
• Complete vehicle walkarounds. To include, communicating information accurately within a timely manner
• Assist Purchasing Department with maintaining inventory and customer transfers.
• Partner with Inventory and Sales Departments with lot staging, as needed
• Assist the Purchasing Department with projects and office duties, as needed
• Complete assigned tasks independently and follow up after completion
• Conduct Vehicle Condition Assessments by accurately collecting information about vehicle condition for Buyer or Senior Buyer’s analysis regarding appraisal of vehicle.
Work requires ability to:
• Deliver exceptional customer service
• Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
• Multi-task in a high energy, fast-pace work environment
• Speak and listen effectively when dealing with internal and external customers
• Function effectively within other departments in a team-oriented environment
• Use miscellaneous computer programs, demonstrating intermediate PC skills
• New Associate Orientation Training
• Kronos Training for Hourly Associates
• Successfully complete all required KMXU required training
• Successful completion of all assessments.
• Requires walking, bending or standing for extended periods of time
• Ability to work outdoors or in any inclement weather for several hours
• Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holidays
• Requires CarMax work clothing to be worn at all times when working in the store (acquired through CarMax World)
Disclaimer and Approvals:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the discretion of CarMax with or without notice.
This document has been reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and can not be modified without written consent by a member of management authorized to modify any such responsibilities.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice and subscribes to federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin or disability. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the associate or CarMax. This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect throughout an associate's employment with CarMax unless it is modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of employment and does not create any contractual rights of any kind between the Company and its Associates.
To apply for this job, contact: