Full Time Employee
Cryptologic Technician / BMD Support Training Analyst, TTGL (Job Number:421630)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a qualified former Cryptologic Technician (Technical) (CT-9102 National OPELINT Analyst desired), who served and deployed on board a Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) configured AEGIS ship, to provide support to the United States Fleet Forces (USFF) BMD Exercise (BMDEX) training program. The qualified candidate will provide direct assistance to Commander, Carrier Strike Group FOUR (CSG 4) and Tactical Training Group, Atlantic (TTGL) as a Training subject matter expert (SME) for the development, implementation, execution, and assessment of the training program and requirements to support BMDEXs. Candidate must be knowledgeable in Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT) operations, having stood watch on an AEGIS BMD platform as a JTT operator or supported JTT training in a schoolhouse.
Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors. They are experienced subject matter experts in their fields of expertise.
The ideal candidate for this position is a subject matter expert on Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) capabilities and limitations and, as a member of the CIC/CDC watch team, qualified as an IBS producer. In addition, he/she will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least three years of applicable Training SME experience in:
- Conducting fleet training analyses to identify gaps, training needs, and solutions
- Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios and curricula
- Delivering training in person and/or online
- Developing training curricula
- Managing training projects
- Designing custom training to meet Fleet and Joint training objectives
Specific Functional Area duties include:
- Provide subject advice and expertise on evolving defensive systems and ensure that the BMDEX program is aligned with USN warfare training system processes, Navy Warfare Training System (NWTS) processes and the Fleet Training Continuum (FTC).
- Provide assistance to USN stakeholders with identifying agency, joint and coalition counterparts BMD related issues and developing government stakeholder training system requirements.
- Provide shipboard and warfare commander mission critical watch teams with progressive, advanced and challenging BMD distributed training scenarios that stress tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP), facilitating rehearsal and refinement of established procedures.
- Assist government representatives in the coordination, execution, and assessment of BMD exercises in the live and synthetic training environment including assimilation of BMD training events into the Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) program.
- Develop lessons learned from exercise results, including assessment of Navy Mission Essential Tasks (NMET), and provide these findings to the Government no later than two weeks following the completion of each event.
- Assist in briefing senior USN leadership on exercise design and lessons learned findings.
- Assist government representatives in scheduling BMD exercises enabling fleet BMD-capable ships to meet readiness requirements.
- Provide assistance in the operation of electronic communications equipment and cryptographic devices as well as operator training needed for these systems. Provide SME to the communications equipment and cryptographic device expertise to the communication technical team during FST/BMDEX events.
- Assist in the delivery of expert academic and operational instruction in BMD missions, tactics and doctrine to fleet BMD personnel to include software and hardware configuration. This instruction may periodically involve travel.
- Provide assistance and expertise of BMD, including knowledge of global missile defense (GMD) and the roles and functions of USSTRATCOM/JFCC-IMD and USNORTHCOM, and familiarity with GMD elements, the AEGIS Ashore program, and current/projected theater Area Air Defense Commander (AADC), Air and Space Operations Center (AOC), and Army Patriot/THAAD standard operational procedures and simulation systems.
- Provide command-level expert advice regarding BMD doctrine and TTP in all applicable missions, including homeland defense/Long Range Surveillance and Track (LRS&T) plan and theater/regional active defense.
- Provide assistance and expertise of Aegis weapon system capabilities and employment in support of BMD training events.
- Assist with BMD/ FST coordination, execution and scenario development and integration of live, virtual, and constructive (LVC) simulations into representative real world scenarios. Contractor shall provide expert knowledge of the Joint Warfare Training System (JWTS), joint training team (JTT), NWTS, and NMETs.
- Assist with planning and executing BMD FST at Sea Training events.
- U.S. citizen with Secret clearance and Bachelor degree.
- Active military duty experience as a former Cryptologic Technician (Technical) (CT-9102 National OPELINT Analyst, desired) who served and deployed on board a Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) configured AEGIS ship.
- Knowledgeable in Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT) operations, having stood watch on an AEGIS BMD platform as a JTT operator or supported JTT training in a schoolhouse.
- Subject matter expert on Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) capabilities and limitations. As a member of the CIC/CDC watch team, qualified as an IBS producer.
- Six (6) years of applicable technical and general Training SME experience (eight years in lieu of degree will be considered).
- Three (3) years of applicable Training SME and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above) with BMD requirements, specializing in maritime force capabilities.
- Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently.
- Must be willing to travel overseas and in CONUS up to 10 percent of the time.
- Knowledgeable in data entry, operations, and products associated with the AEGIS Mission Planner (AMP).
- Experience at the instructor/evaluator level on a strike group or Numbered Fleet Command staff or equivalent DoD staff involving synthetic BMD mission planning and execution.
- Familiarity with entering and evaluating the effectiveness of SPY radar doctrine.
- Familiarity and solid understanding of the Navy Composite Warfare Commander (CWC) concept with strong knowledge of air defense, BMD, and Navy strike warfare.
- Significant experience with FST utilizing the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) to conduct scenario development and integration of LVC capabilities into a realistic training environment.
- Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war gaming, and exercise/event planning.
- Experience as a Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) operator.
- **Current DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility REQUIRED. ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 15, 2017, 9:41:31 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: