Full Time Employee
Mainframe CA - Endevor Systems Administrator (Job Number:421660)
ssist the Quality Assurance team and project teams in Program Management Division manage software code changes and the migration of this code to production. Manage the tools used for software change and configuration management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Maintaining a mainframe application environment, working closely with infrastructure and application teams to resolve issues and evolve our environment to support business growth. Provide application release and environment technical coordination across our application projects, ensuring releases move from development to test to production smoothly, working closely with application teams, project managers and integrated system teams. Must have a strong z/OS Mainframe development, support and administration background as well as experience with release management, and technical coordination of mainframe project deliveries.
- COBOL V, z/OS 2.1, JCL, CICS 5.2
- CA Datacom, VSAM, SQL
- ISPF, ISPF Dialog Manager, Expeditor
- Endevor R16 or greater. CA Development Tools (CA/7, CA Allocate, CA 11)
- Integration Services, (MQ Series/ Websphere)
- Application optimization in a JES2 environment
- CSC product support experience a plus
- Customize and test new releases of the CA Endevor software for DOD.
- Support the user community that uses the tool.
- Work within broad guidelines and carry out activities such as standards development, design, coding, user consultation, and planning and project management for the Mainframe Software Configuration Management Tools.
- Responsibilities focus around the delivery of improved operational processes within a large and complex project, and include the assessment of customer needs, and the use of that information to recommend analysis, design, customization and maintenance improvements.
- Also involved in providing post implementation support and foster working relationships with a variety of internal and external project stakeholders.
- As a technology professional, provide an extensive high-level expertise using Endevor products. Experience within an operational and application development environment and experience across mainframe technologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical discipline and 9+ years’ experience providing support for Endevor-based environments, or a Master’s degree in a related discipline and 7+ years’ experience.
- Strong application development background.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and capable of obtaining a favorable National Agency Check Investigation. Required Qualifications:
- Must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification (baseline certification - day 1 requirement).
- Minimum Certification as a DoD 8570 IAM II, must possess or able to obtain from hire date, within 6 months IAT Level II certification related to the Information Assurance field.
- Must hold an active Department of Defense Security Clearance (interim Secret minimum – day 1 requirement).
- A self-starter, capable of working both independently and in team environments.
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, knowledge of applicable DoD/Government policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability to troubleshoot complex systems required.
- Solid understanding of industry standard availability and security practices required.
- 10+ years' experience with z/OS mainframe support, administration and development, demonstrating advanced knowledge in key technologies preferred.
- ITIL certification a plus.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 31, 2016, 8:25:07 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: