Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** Required Experience:
Two (2) to five (5) years related experience (internships will be considered) in:
• Formal test cycles (planning, documentation, execution, analysis and reporting)
• Formal software engineering life cycles and processes
• Manual and automated testing
• Software quality assurance
• Requirements based testing and management of requirements traceability
• Testing client-server applications
• Experience with the Microsoft Windows operating system
• Experience with change management processes and procedures
• Experience in adhering to IEEE software quality assurance and test standards
• Knowledge and experience with ISO-9001 and CMMI standards
• Knowledge and experience in adhering to configuration management standards (including the use of configuration management “CM” tools)
The candidate must possess:
• Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks on-time and within budget in a results-driven environment.
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail in order to learn and adapt to new technologies
• Self-motivated with excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to work with team members across geographical locations and time zones.
• Ability to interface and collaborate with clients, peers, other departments and all levels of management to develop and improve solutions, and to build and maintain rapport and relationships.
• Ability to complete multiple projects/assignments concurrently while adjusting to changing priorities.
• Proficiency with PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Strong ethics, interpersonal skills, flawless communication skills, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
• Experience with real-time client-server based systems (e.g. SCADA)
• Experience with testing in both AGILE and Waterfall development environments
• Experience with automated test tools and developing automated test procedures/scripts (e.g. Test Complete)
• Experience with automated build and continuous integration
• Experience with programming in high-level software development languages (C#/C++)
• Experience with virtualized environments (VMware)
• Concentration in user interface and database testing
Education or Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience. Preferably in (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.).
• Certification examples: CST, CSTE, CSTP, or CSTA
**Job #:** 16761BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins Information Management Services “IMS” (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins IMS Security Systems team in Pittsburgh, PA is seeking a System and Software Test Engineer with a passion for advanced system and software testing.
The System and Software Test Engineer will be responsible for integration and acceptance testing of Security Command and Control systems, including user interfaces, server applications, integrated video surveillance subsystems, integrated access control and intrusion detection subsystems and various other software and system components related to the security of critical infrastructure facilities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and maintaining test documentation, including plans, procedures and reports.
• Performing manual execution of written test procedures, exploratory testing, regression testing and performance testing.
• Developing and maintaining custom automated test scripts.
• Identifying and documenting software/system defects and questionable functions.
• Configuring and using various lab equipment and components utilized in the test environment.
• Participating in cross-functional project teams representing the test team.
• Understanding and following all related software and systems engineering processes and procedures.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card) is required.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: