Full Time Employee
Sr. Microsoft System Administrator (Job Number:421607)
- DOD 85701.01-M IAT Level II certification and compliance upon hire
- Identifying and analyzing server requirements; planning the design and deployment of new technologies in upgrades and/or consolidations
- Knowledgeable with industry best practices encompassing Windows Server 2012 R2 configuration, implementation, and security.
- Server administration in Microsoft (MS) Windows environments, including MS Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 to include performance monitoring and tuning. Able to make recommendations to improve overall system performance and application efficiency.
- Participating in the administration of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP for organizational server assets in production and development environments
- Managing patch testing, deployment and maintenance activities to ensure compliance with DoD and Army security requirements such as IAVA and STIGs
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation regarding system configuration and operation (system diagrams, application topology, data flow, SOPs, business processes, etc.)
- Proficient in Windows PowerShell, and other scripting languages to automate tasks
- Participating in an on-call production support rotation
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced administrators, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Collaborate with other team members on data center, network administration, backup and disaster recovery efforts and strategies.
- Participates in special projects as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience providing server administration in a HP server environment, including design, implementation and support of HP blade and storage technologies
- Experience demonstrating the ability to lead projects or work groups (such as the ability to assign/review immediate tasks, set the pace and check work in progress or upon completion, all consistent with the organizational goals) and to work on/with a team as a contributor.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 1, 2016, 7:06:59 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FORT BELVOIR
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: