Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Deskside Engineer Mid (Job Number:421695)
- Under minimal supervision, provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all end user computer and peripheral equipment on domain.
- Provides technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related software/hardware.
- Trouble shoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when related to personal desktop computers.
- Deliver technical customer support over the phone or at desk side.
- Identify, evaluate and solve end-user workstation problems; support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed; read, understand and apply complex technical information; master new computer technology; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Interacts with other Tier 1, 2 and/or 3 departments to restore service and/or identify core problems.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user- friendly, professional manner to end user. Participates in new application and hardware rollouts, testing and special projects as needed.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature. Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 0 years related experience.
- Must have experience providing desk side support, specializing in troubleshooting complex and advanced end-user issues with hardware and software.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office tools.
- Responsible for providing desk side support to end users for complex issues regarding a response and resolution.
- Escalation point for junior desk side engineers.
- Researches end-user issues and develops a plan for remediation.
- Performs research and resolution support independently.
- Updates status of queued service requests with the IT service management system.
- Provides software & hardware authentication and performs tests on software and hardware before delivery to end- users.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 23, 2016, 8:41:48 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: