Sears Holdings Corporation (http://jobs.sears.com/vet/learnmore_military.html)
Full Time Employee
Performs in-house and source research to obtain parts information on inquiries received from STAC and Parts Direct. Enters parts information found in-house into computerized database and contacts outside sources to obtain parts information not found in-house. Receives and enters manufacturer responses into computerized database and contacts necessary personnel with received parts information. Monitors aging reports of parts information requests to manufacturers to ensure timely response. Performs other duties to support the daily business activities of the department and, when specified, of the company.
• Performs in-house and source research to obtain parts information. Reviews call data on parts information not located by the mechanical department representatives and researches in-house sources to determine location of parts information. Duties require access of computerized parts database(s) and other sources including microfiche and library files to determine the location of parts information.
• Enters parts information found in-house into computerized database.
• Contacts outside sources to obtain parts information not found in-house via e-mail, fax, telephone, and/or written correspondence.
• Receives and enters manufacturer responses into computerized database and contacts necessary personnel to convey received parts information via e-mail, fax, telephone and/or written correspondence.
• Monitors aging reports of parts information requests to manufacturers to ensure timely response and contacts manufacturer with additional information requests if no response is given within the specified timeframe.
• Retrieves parts information from various sources, including computerized database, microfiche decks, hard copy files and catalogs. Conveys retrieved information to customer via telephone. Enters information into computerized database. Performs in-house telephone operations, including transferring calls, placing calls on hold, and taking messages.
• Manages phone conversation using professional communication techniques and customer relation skills. Uses judgment and reasoning skills based on experience and training to analyze individual situations and provide appropriate assistance within bounds of authority. Directs calls to appropriate personnel when answer is beyond authority given, as defined by department policies and procedures.
• Research inquiries submitted by sears.com via stand alone system.
• Performs special assignments as requested by department or Company management.
Specific Essential Functions:
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be able to accurately and timely process paperwork
• Must be able to use computer databases
• Ability to work productively and effectively when faced with stressful situations. This includes maintaining effective interactions with others under stressful working conditions
• Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, supervisors, management, or customers one-on-one
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance according to company dress code
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
To apply for this job, contact: