Full Time Employee Contractor
District of Columbia
Federal Internal Controls/FIAR Expert
CGI Federal is seeking an experienced Federal Internal Controls/FIAR Expert who has successfully led, managed and played various key roles in leading organizational efforts to facilitate, define, and implement internal controls, policies and tools at a one or more federal agencies. This professional will be assisting client and account team members, supporting a federal agency's financial management practice, in defining and enhancing corresponding business rules and policies, as well as measuring, validating and working with various client teams in complying with policies and internal controls as defined and implemented within a COTS ERP system.
- Manage and set appropriate client and member expectations on customer support requests and working out resolutions
- Leverage existing centralized incident management systems and tools to log inquiries, track resolutions, and manage overall execution of tasks/projects
- Support key client stakeholders with status and incident management reporting as well as ad-hoc requests
- Server as the primary point of contact to the client on all project/task related matters
- The ability to quickly learn and stay up-to-date with federal financial policies and procedures
- Bachelor?s degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Accounting, Finance, Business Systems/Administration, Public Policy, Political Science/Government)
- Proven task/project management, execution and delivery experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Experience working in a matrix Organization and Team
- Experience working with clients on a daily basis
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Ability to travel (~25%)
*Due to the nature of the government contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- CISA certification
- Experience with Momentum or federal financial systems
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of OMB-123
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: