Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
• Three or more years of experience in commercial contracting, negotiations and administration, in relation to multi-year, multi-million dollar projects that span project life cycles from RFP to project close-outs.
• High level written and oral communication skills, including the ability to customize proposals and contracts.
• High level analytical skills, including issue prioritization and risk analysis.
• Experience negotiating with attorneys and executives.
• Ability to work with Word, Adobe, Excel and databases.
Desired Qualifications (in order of priority):
• Familiarity with software licensing, IP and other high tech contracting.
• Familiarity with multi-year systems project and services contracting, including hardware, warranty and support.
• Experience with state/local government contracting.
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree, six years of related experience; identified skills and experience.
**Job #:** 16774BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins is seeking a Senior Contracts Specialist to support our Contracts and Procurement Division in Annapolis, MD. The Senior Contract Specialist will provide proposal and contracting support, primarily for Rockwell Collins Information Management Services’ expanding airports systems in the Americas, and managed technical support services business units, as well as other business units as needed. The Contract Specialist will report to the Corporate Contracts and Procurement Department within the Business Operations Division and provide matrix support to business unit management.
• Participate in proposal reviews and approvals. Brief management on terms and conditions. Review contractual terms and conditions for their acceptability, as well as, assessing risk and impact to the proposal utilizing the Company resources including Program Management, Pricing, Treasury, Tax, Risk Management/Insurance, Regulatory Compliance, Legal, HR, sales, and finance.
• Identify significant risks and develop unique contract terms and conditions to mitigate the risks when necessary.
• Provide alternate terms and conditions to Customer. Operate in accordance with company policies and practices, and in compliance with accepted business ethics.
• Lead and conduct contract negotiation and management of contracts. Coordinate inputs from Program Management, Pricing, Treasury, Tax, Risk Management/Insurance, Regulatory Compliance, Legal and HR, sales, and finance units. Analyze contracts to ensure compliance to company policy, government and state and local specifications and other requirements.
• Provide contract status and assistance to the program manager, functional areas, and management. Negotiate, and administer Non-disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements. Take proper action to close out the contract in accordance with applicable procedures at the conclusion of all activity.
• Assure the timely communication of contract information to appropriate persons and maintains complete and accurate contract files. Act as principal interface with internal/external customers on contractual matters. Take necessary action or coordinate action to resolve any contractual problems on a timely basis.
• Work is performed generally without direction for all but the most complex matters. Exercises considerable latitude in and approaches to assignment.
Cooperation - Foster teamwork across the company, always acting with the best interests of the company in mind.
Customer Service Orientation - Provide superior customer experiences, while building long-term relationships and demonstrating a passion towards customer commitments.
Dependability - Exert consistent effort to provide quality results that are focused on the bottom-line.
Detail Orientation - Consistently produce quality results while striving to work to the best of one's ability.
Judgement - Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under high pressure situations.
Listening - Practice active listening while assimilating new information as the speaker continues.
Writing - Consistently and effectively review all written correspondences before they are disseminated.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one as an employee kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, educational assistance, and flexible work schedules. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: